• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

right breast awards.

C

CivPlod

out of interest,
I am being written up for the Royal Humane Society Medal. If(and yes its a big if) its awarded does anyone actually wear the medal/ribbon on their no2s or No1s for the RN?

Or is it a bit wanky to do so?

C

CivPlod

you kidding? every time I ask the chief PO to put me down for anything in Afgan, I get a big "bugger off" sign paraded at my face, yet the draft dodgers are getting brown letters and then, ahem, failing at Chilwell

a 3am swim in a canal at -15 last week will do me I think, closest I'll get to gallantry.

Will you be disciplined for breaching H&S procedures before or after it's decided whether you'll get the award?

Anyway, I have it on good authority that it was warmer in the water than out of it. :)

However the story goes, I'm sure you earned it. It'd be nice if it could be presented on Christmas Day at the Serpentine.

ugly

LE
you kidding? every time I ask the chief PO to put me down for anything in Afgan, I get a big "bugger off" sign paraded at my face, yet the draft dodgers are getting brown letters and then, ahem, failing at Chilwell

a 3am swim in a canal at -15 last week will do me I think, closest I'll get to gallantry.
Now better not let any other plod hear about this, this is what they sent me for chrimbo's;

Attachments

C

CivPlod

Who authorises right breast awards which can be worn for the Forces/Emergency services? I presume HM? I ask because I have apparently been written up for Joint Police Board medal for bravery, which according to our Force Regs state that it is approved for wear on the tunic( our no1s) on the right hand side. The only time we wear our 1s up North for meeting either Royalty or VIPs.
Is it too presumable of me to think that if it is approved for wear on police no1s then consequently its approved for my RN no1s?

Who authorises right breast awards which can be worn for the Forces/Emergency services? I presume HM? I ask because I have apparently been written up for Joint Police Board medal for bravery, which according to our Force Regs state that it is approved for wear on the tunic( our no1s) on the right hand side. The only time we wear our 1s up North for meeting either Royalty or VIPs.
Is it too presumable of me to think that if it is approved for wear on police no1s then consequently its approved for my RN no1s?
If it's your medal, then it's your medal. (By which I mean, crack on and wear it with whatever uniform you wear, though not your Nos4s obviously.)

C

CivPlod

its called the Strathclyde Joint police board medal, Western definitely thinks its just for tits ;o)

Latest Threads