right breast awards.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by CivPlod, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. out of interest,
    I am being written up for the Royal Humane Society Medal. If(and yes its a big if) its awarded does anyone actually wear the medal/ribbon on their no2s or No1s for the RN?

Or is it a bit wanky to do so?

2. Absolutely. It (along with Lloyd's Medals) are one of the few that are approved for wear in uniform.

3. hmm, I thought that, given its a "Royal" award, as such.

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

supposed to get medals for killing the enemy not blowing up resusci annie!

5. you kidding? every time I ask the chief PO to put me down for anything in Afgan, I get a big "bugger off" sign paraded at my face, yet the draft dodgers are getting brown letters and then, ahem, failing at Chilwell

a 3am swim in a canal at -15 last week will do me I think, closest I'll get to gallantry.

6. Well done, nice gong to get, any chance you will relay the story of how you got it?

7. Will you be disciplined for breaching H&S procedures before or after it's decided whether you'll get the award?

Anyway, I have it on good authority that it was warmer in the water than out of it. :)

However the story goes, I'm sure you earned it. It'd be nice if it could be presented on Christmas Day at the Serpentine.

8. Resusci Anni is not as innocent as she seems you know......

9. Well done - whether you get the medal or not. They're not awarded lightly and are well-respected.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Now better not let any other plod hear about this, this is what they sent me for chrimbo's;

Attached Files:

11. Who authorises right breast awards which can be worn for the Forces/Emergency services? I presume HM? I ask because I have apparently been written up for Joint Police Board medal for bravery, which according to our Force Regs state that it is approved for wear on the tunic( our no1s) on the right hand side. The only time we wear our 1s up North for meeting either Royalty or VIPs.
    Is it too presumable of me to think that if it is approved for wear on police no1s then consequently its approved for my RN no1s?

12. Well done you

13. If it's your medal, then it's your medal. (By which I mean, crack on and wear it with whatever uniform you wear, though not your Nos4s obviously.)

14. Well done chief, I echo JP's post. Wear it on your Jim jams if you want.

Ugly, with a touch of photoshop you've just sorted my new screensaver.

15. cheers all.