Rifles

To become a member of a RIFLE unit do you have to pass any additional tests/better fitness times etc than to join a different Infantry Regiment such as STAFFORDS etc?

cheers in advance for any decent replies.

No, but if you want to go Commando with 1 Rifles then you will need some additional phys

Any idea where I can get anymore info on 1 Rifles? there website is a bit bleak to say the least. Do they have to take the RM Cdo tests or..

ye cheers I've already seen/read it although unfortunately it has no information on the fitness side of things..

As Rfn Warrior say they are part of 3 commando brigade, so a training for an amphibious/commando role.

Guys have been told that they don't have to do the course due to the current, operation commitments and training time avaliable.

I think its a case of it disirable, but not a requirement.

Rfn_Warrior said:
No, 1RIFLES is only attached to 3 Commando Brigade, you aren't actually Commando qualified ie awarded your commando dagger and flash.
Actually a fair few of the 1 Rifles blokes in a sandy hilly place are wearing the dagger.

I think he was nodding in the direction of the current operational tempo ( = the Army are a bit busy right now... )

3Cdo Bde formation sign is the dagger on a rectangle worn on the left sleeve.

No; like I said, some of the 1 Rifle blokes elsewhere are wearing the dagger.

I did not think to measure the ones I saw, too busy wishing them well in Afg.

I was unaware that the ACC and RM daggers differed.