Rifles

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by SmithsRail, Dec 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To become a member of a RIFLE unit do you have to pass any additional tests/better fitness times etc than to join a different Infantry Regiment such as STAFFORDS etc?

cheers in advance for any decent replies.

2. No, but if you want to go Commando with 1 Rifles then you will need some additional phys

3. eh? Rifles have a Commando section? o_O attached to 3 cdo bde?

4. Any idea where I can get anymore info on 1 Rifles? there website is a bit bleak to say the least. Do they have to take the RM Cdo tests or..

5. ye cheers I've already seen/read it although unfortunately it has no information on the fitness side of things..

6. No, 1RIFLES is only attached to 3 Commando Brigade, you aren't actually Commando qualified ie awarded your commando dagger and flash.

7. As Rfn Warrior say they are part of 3 commando brigade, so a training for an amphibious/commando role.

Guys have been told that they don't have to do the course due to the current, operation commitments and training time avaliable.

I think its a case of it disirable, but not a requirement.

8. Actually a fair few of the 1 Rifles blokes in a sandy hilly place are wearing the dagger.

9. Like waitout said, the choice to do the course must be optional. Once a Rifleman, Always a Rifleman as the saying goes.

10. I think he was nodding in the direction of the current operational tempo ( = the Army are a bit busy right now... )

11. Come to think of it though, 3 Cdo Bge is the rectangle Cdo dagger, am i correct? And Rifles only wear Brigade flashes and the Union Jack.

12. 3Cdo Bde formation sign is the dagger on a rectangle worn on the left sleeve.