Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Mark Wright KStG, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Can any one guide me as to how to determine if a fellow in my local pub is a Walter Mitty or the real McCoy?
    He has advised me that he served with the RIFLES and that he has over twenty years of service.
    Much of his Army accounts do not stand up to scrutiny and he is duping people and gaining benefits from his boasting.

I doubt he was a regular and suspect he may have been in the TA.

Any comments will be most welcome

2. Well the Rifles came into being in 2007 from almagamations of which regiments. He should be able to tell you that?
  3. Not sure what you mean by your comment. Perhaps if it was in English, I would be under better direction.
    Thank you for your response
  4. Thank you.
    Are there any other sites I could enquire with?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What's his name?
  6. Bertrum PLANT
  7. Tell him your a Danish tour guide, if he's gen he'll have his shovel in hand quicker than you can say "mini moke"!
  8. That's his name?! When was he supposed to have served?
  9. Bertrum PLANT
  10. Bertrand advises that he served for 17 years of which his last Regiment was the Rifles and he left recently
  11. I have been to Copenhagen, so I guess that makes me almost a tour guide
  12. I'd remember that name! If he is gen, then he's not ex 2 RGJ.
  13. He was RGBW, ask to see his back badge. What was his number, was it 243259729? If so, yes he is real. He was 5th man on the balcony also, but dont tell anyone.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Move along now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.