rifles to royal marines?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by mc-123, Apr 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why have the rifles suddenly become associated with royal marines? :?:

2. 1 RIFLES is attached to 3 Cdo Brigade.

3. Catch up. :roll:

4. Now they've joined up with Royal does that mean that O Gps in 1 RIFLES look a bit like this now:

Rifles OGp

:D

5. Will 1 Riofles have to take part ion all the naked games, cross dressing and other gay stuff that marines get up to? Or will they be spared that stuff?

6. Naked games, and cross dressing isn't exclusive to the RMs.

7. Really? Who else gets involved in such benderish stuff? Just want to know so I can avoid these places.

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Indeed. The Rifles have taken a rather relaxed approach to the whole thing now too. Just so long as they don't relax their sphincters.

9. Wait till you join, then you might need to know.

10. They have a Naval Battle Honour - Copenhagen 1802 - the 95th acted as Marines back then.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Not to mention The Queen's Regiment - their forebears had a proud naval history too . . . . but no ipods.

12. Please excuse my ignorance. :D

Say if u joined 1 Rifles could u then transfer to the Marines?

13. Yes, you can transfer to the Marines from any Arm or Service - however if you want to be a Marine then why not just join the Marines?

14. I would join as a marine but I would never reach the fitness levels required, u need to be at your physical peak to join. Do you think if u joined the rifles and passed out at phase 2 u would be fit enough to pass PRMC course?
    regards
    matt

15. I should fukcing hope so.Things are in a bad way if combat soldiers that have just passed their training aren't as fit as civvies going on their PRMC.