Rifles to formally join 3 CDO Bde - Gen dit...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jim30, Jan 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not exactly the whole truth now is it?
    BBC again, late and half arrssed! What about the M4 rifles and the rest of the jolly green machine that wants daggers?
    If no training is required then why will it take over a year, EDS doing the paperwork?

2. "Members of the 1 Rifles battalion will not have to undergo the training required to become a commando and will technically remain part of the Army. "

uh-oh, this will water down the commndo's effectiveness- they should do the green beret course properly.

3. :shock:

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I think you'll find that lots already have and they probably wont be changing berets out of spite to the Royals.

5. the key question- will they be as good?

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

1 Rifle is about all there will be left to issue them at this rate!

7. The BBC have got it wrong (sigh). There have been riflemen going through AACC for some time now. But you can shove that cabbage green beret!

8. Given that 3 Cdo Bde is paid for by FLEET (29 Cdo and 59 Engs have quite a lot of FLEET funding for kit), does this mean that LAND are engaged in some sneeky cost saving???

Having served with the Bde, I know that the Bootnecks look at the Beret first and then the rank slide. Just for integration it seems sensible to do AACC, although the thought of RMAS, PCD and then AACC is not the most fun 2 years of someone's life!!!

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The beret watching is because RM ruperts badges are 2 piece, the crown is seperate! Thats how they work out whether to salute or get out the roll mats.

10. I like the fact that the BBC claims that the marines and the army are to merge, totally ignoring (or possibly not knowing) the fact that 29 cdo RA and 24 cdo RE (59 and 131 cdo will form 24?) amongst others are already in 3 cdo brigade.

Also no one gets a green lid and dagger without earning it, surely, the only thing they will be allowed to wear is the 3 cdo TRF dagger which is the army version of Royal's "royal marines commando" flash, correct me if I'm wrong?

Lazy journalist cnuts.

11. The royals dont care what you wear on your head ,as long as you are a good soldier.I am sure the Rifles will do just fine.

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The red on Blue dagger used to be worn only by Commando trained army personnel, that included ex marines that joined the army. before the days of boy scout badges these were one of the few colourful badges on No2s.

13. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

14. Yes, but will they be equipped the same as the Royal Marines (Viking etc)?