Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in joining the Army Reserve. The Rifles have stood out for me because of the variety of bases and roles they carry out.

As a soldier in the Army Reserve (Rifles in particular) what kind of courses are available to complete and how long would I be looking at serving before I could be considered for any of them?

For example if I wanted to become a sniper and had completed my basic training in The Rifles, could I go on a sniper course straight away?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in joining the Army Reserve. The Rifles have stood out for me because of the variety of bases and roles they carry out.

As a soldier in the Army Reserve (Rifles in particular) what kind of courses are available to complete and how long would I be looking at serving before I could be considered for any of them?

For example if I wanted to become a sniper and had completed my basic training in The Rifles, could I go on a sniper course straight away?

Thanks

Courses are planned and scheduled well in advance, and only a certain number of individuals are taken on each course.

Add to that the time you will need to get through your complete training and you will probably end up being in around 2 to 3 years before you get a sniff. So you will have to put your ambitions of being the next Jackal on hold for a while.

Get fit, join up, impress people, do well, move up, and then apply.

Latest Threads