Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rifles regiment and joining

Hello I'm in my final few months of year 11 now and I am applying for the army next month.
I've made my mind up on the job role I'm going for and that is infantry.
I like the look of the rifles regiment and I was wondering if anyone who is in the rifle regiment or worked with them thinks this is a good choice compared to other similar regiments ?

Also if there is any riflemen here would you be able to tell me your opinions on each battalion and which one presents the best opportunities . Thank you

Hello I'm in my final few months of year 11 now and I am applying for the army next month.
I've made my mind up on the job role I'm going for and that is infantry.
I like the look of the rifles regiment and I was wondering if anyone who is in the rifle regiment or worked with them thinks this is a good choice compared to other similar regiments ?

Also if there is any riflemen here would you be able to tell me your opinions on each battalion and which one presents the best opportunities . Thank you
Have a look here for some history about one of the Rifles descendants. Devon and Dorsets and Light Infantry were also relevant. The modern evolution is a highly professional outfit. Best of luck.
Royal Green Jackets Regimental Association

Latest Threads