Rifles or Royal anglians?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ashleydodds, Jan 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which one is the best to join?
  2. Neither join the RAF regiment.

Na only kidding, well both are good regiments it's up to you, the Rifles is the largest regiment in the Infantry and as being the largest it offers more than you will get in the Royal Anglian, but Royal Anglian is still a tough regiment.
  3. You again, you knobthroat?!

You are either

a. A very, very big 'Wah' and I'll rot in hell for falling for it

b. Educationally Sub Normal.

Which'll it be?
  4. Rifles.... Obviously.
  5. Are you working your way through every Infantry Battalion?
  6. AD why not offer your thoughts on these fine regiments for others to comment on? Your thread is otherwise a waste of time!
  7. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Anglians, mainly because they are my local regiment and therefore superior to every other one in the UK.
  8. The best infantry regiment for you to join will always be your local one. (That is unless you are just trying to start an interinfantry fightfest for who actually think they are the best?)
  9. The rifles is local to me, 30 mins up the road is bulford, 30 mins away is chepstow, these are 1 and 4 rifles, so the rifles is probably my best bet!
  10. Why?
  11. cheaper to get home to mummy at weekends
  12. Im not bothered about this too be honest, seeing my family. When your on operations in afghanastan or elsewhere, you just have to cope, so i guess ill just have to get used to it
  13. Well, you'd be working with people from where you live. I don't just mean your local infantry regt, your local guards, para, light inf regt respectively.
  14. How are Guards and Para Regt local? They, like every other infantry regt recruit from all round the country and take commenwealth citizens.
  15. Does it really matter if the bloke next to you is from the same town or not?