Rifles Officer

hc5

Crow
Hi all. I'm leaning towards joining the rifles as an officer (preferably1RIFLES as I'm from Wales) and I was just wondering what everyone's general opinion of the rifles is, and what opportunities it will present. I know that 1RIFLES are no longer in 3 Commando Brigade, but I am very much interested in doing the AACC. Thanks for any help and advice :)

The_Duke

LE
If you want a guaranteed shot at the commando course, you need to go RM. Otherwise, whilst possible it is not probable.

The Rifles cover the full span of Inf roles (Less Airborne), and are the multi Bn flavour of the month. You won’t be short of opportunities.

Best cap badge for AACC is RA, RE, REME and RLC, plus a few others that have smaller slots.

hc5

Crow
If you want a guaranteed shot at the commando course, you need to go RM. Otherwise, whilst possible it is not probable.

The Rifles cover the full span of Inf roles (Less Airborne), and are the multi Bn flavour of the month. You won’t be short of opportunities.
By saying "less" airborne, is there still a small possibility of being able to do it, or would you just do P company?

The_Duke

LE
The airborne infantry role rests with Para Regt. The courses (P Coy and Para course) are required for a role. You are highly unlikely to get them as a jolly.