Rifles medal parade on south today

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by thegimp, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched that camilla bird dishing out medals to the rifles, seems like she has been quite involved with them.

A small point but one which deserves flagging up was the presence of a wheelchaired soldier in uniform, front and proud. who got some telly time.

Good skills all round
  2. Is it in the media ? Link?
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That was fecking excellent! JWD all round!
  4. Good innit
  5. The "young lad" is Rifleman Stephen Vause.
    Stephen was motared and had severe brain injury, having said that I honestly believe he will improve over time.
    The Dutchess has followed his progress for some time, there's a whole lot more, needless to say she's been a brick.
    She has my respect.

6. [​IMG]
    Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, inspects soldiers from the 4th Battalion, The Rifles at Bulford Camp, near Salisbury, England, on Friday. The duchess presented operational medals to the soldiers who have recently returned from a six-month tour in Iraq. Five soldiers from the 4th Battalion were killed. The Rifles is a regiment of five regular and two territorial battalions, making it the largest regiment in the infantry. (AFP/***** Images photo by Adrian Dennis / December 14, 2007)
  7. That 20 yr old Rifleman who was in that wheelchair brought tears to my eyes. Such a shame, brings about the whole "realities of war" thing. x.
  8. Wonderful clip, as of now I will physically and violently assault anyone who speaks ill of the Duchess of Cornwall in my presence, be warned!! I'll be honest here though, and admit that when we lost Her Maj. as Col-in-Chief I was a bit miffed and saw it as a demotion of sorts. Now I think it will actually be a good thing as The Duchess is clearly in a better position to become involved on a much more personal level with the Regiment than The Queen, as Head of State, ever could. I was really thrilled too, to see her dressed in Rifle Green, what a marvellous touch and a great compliment to the Battalion. I'm sure her kindness and interest in young Rifleman Vause is a great comfort to him and his family at this time. Also nice to see, as his one time Platoon Sergeant, Major Pete Bullard there keeping an experienced eye on things. God, don't you wish you were eighteen again.

Success to the Rifles!!! 8)
  9. It made me cry TBH. No bloody excuses about dust or onions, it was pure emotion. God bless (weird as I don't believe in God) them all.

I was/am moved by these things. It is good to see the pride, sacrifice, commitment etc of the troops and their families. It is also good to see that certain people recognise it and want to help.

F* the government. At least the royals do seem to care.