Rifles, is there going to be a formation parade

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Cardinal, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anywhere in the Winchester area? My boy is in the ACF and is mad keen on joining the Rifles when he is old enough (or PWRR).

If there is a parade anyone knows of could someone let me know the date, location etc.

Many thanks

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am interested and will e mail the LI regy sec at Winchester to find out!
    If I do I'll post here how to find out!
  3. Ther will be no central parade. It would be very difficult because of the ops plot. RHQ Rifles has left it up to the individual COs, at least one of whom has in turn left it up to the individual OCs owing to a wide geographical spread.
    Cardinal, your lad's ACF will almost certainly be holding their own but I understand that they are a low priority for capbadges.

I suppose your nearest would be Bulford (5 RIFLES) but I don't know what they're doing about it.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont think this should happen this way, to let all those regiments dissapear without a bang would be tragic!
  5. I know what you mean Ug but there is little opportunity for a get-together just yet and even less money to fund it...so I am told.
    This is not to say that nothing will be done, just that the rebadging does not look like it's going to set the planet on fire.
    I think that there is a London-based sounding retreat-like event planned for the future that will involve representatives from all corners of the new überreegiment but not a lot more is known in detail. The Rifles Reg Sec, Col Poole-Warren, has been talking about a spread of events over the next couple of years but since he doesn't have any units opcom, he can only plan around the Dear Leader's global popularity bid.
  6. Deleted. Database error caused duplication.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well, e mail is sent and I for one will do something to mark the passing of the regiment. I think a weekend on the lash somewhere in regy rugby shirts is called for!
  8. We have a company strength of LI cadets here in Yorkshire. Mrs Flashy is their AO and (spookily enough) we were just chatting about this today.

She says that there has been no mention of any parade for the cadets and that the badges aren't even available yet. Considering that the Regiment forms next month, I'd say that this means there won't be any particular ceremonial up here.
  9. The badges are just beginning to arrive with Reg/TA units, Flashy, but Mrs Flashy is certainly right about the crossbelt furniture and other bits & bobs!
  10. Since you mention it:

If you could spread the word it might get a few more p1ss ups going...
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sounds good, I wonder if there are any former members of the founding regts in East Sussex, Rather have a session close to home, if not then a trip to Maffia land will be in order!
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Reg Sec has replied:
    Ugly, There is no central formation parade as B'ns are heavily committed to ops etc. Each Bn is therefore doing their own thing. There are though a series of events (some annual ongoing) over the next year which will be used to raise the profile of the new Regt and keep it in the public eye (ie band concert on Sat 27th Jan at WXXXXXXXXter Cathedral which is a farewell and welcome; tickets for this are through the Cathedral Box Office). Not sure where you are based, and if you let me know I will see if there is any event we can point you in the direction of.

Anyone want details let me have a PM and I'll send the details.
    I'll also reply, sadly that is the last shoot day odf the season and I will be working not far from there. I wont be allowed by the furher to extend my stay but I shall try and gat a list of events and post them as necessary!
  13. That would be great, especially if you hear of anything going on in Yorkshire.

Keep up the good work.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

e mail the reg secretary and he will send out lists of events local to you! Unless we let them know they will probably only let the associations know!