Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

I'm told that it used to be necessary to stop if you ploughed a dog with a vehicle because it was licensable, but as cats were "off ticket" they didn't matter.

If there's no longer licences for dogs in the UK, can hounds be popped with the same impunity ?

The old training centre mnemonic for licensables used to be CHAMPS DG:

Cow,
Horse,
Ass,
Mule,
Pigs,
Sheep,
Dogs,
Goats.

I wouldn't go around using dogs as moving targets as the RSPCA is still dog friendly and was, probably still is, pushing for the re-intro of licensing.

Well you better hurry up.

The Home Office has reintroduced a clause to the Offensive Weapons Bill that will ban the use of airguns by anyone under 18 at any place other than a club.

Hence the harmless "parent + kid + airgun + back garden" tradition may soon be a criminal firearms offence.
They`ll have to get the kids a shotgun then as there no age limit if accompanied .

I'm told that it used to be necessary to stop if you ploughed a dog with a vehicle because it was licensable, but as cats were "off ticket" they didn't matter.

If there's no longer licences for dogs in the UK, can hounds be popped with the same impunity ?
AFAIK dogs are someone`s property hence you have to report it but cats are not.

The old training centre mnemonic for licensables used to be CHAMPS DG:

Cow,
Horse,
Ass,
Mule,
Pigs,
Sheep,
Dogs,
Goats.

I wouldn't go around using dogs as moving targets as the RSPCA is still dog friendly and was, probably still is, pushing for the re-intro of licensing.
Spookily that's an identical list to the one at the Geresk knocking shop.

The Home Office has reintroduced a clause to the Offensive Weapons Bill that will ban the use of airguns by anyone under 18 at any place other than a club.

Hence the harmless "parent + kid + airgun + back garden" tradition may soon be a criminal firearms offence.
I am not sure but did not the Home Office do some sort of public or club consultation on this?Then true to form totally ignored th advise from interested bodies.They have a history of kneejerk reactions to unimportant things & ignoring things that really need addressing

That whole f***ing Bill is nothing but a further attempt at social control. It'll do f***all to reduce crime - IMO it'll make things worse.
Never forget: Every major piece of legislation bar one that has restricted the private ownership of firearms has either been enacted by or originated with a Conservative Government.

Politicians doing what politicians do best.
Creating solutions to problems that do not exist.

Dunno. That BASC announcement is dated 12th September.

The GTA news brief dated 20th September states:

"Last week we saw punitive gun clauses drop out from the Offensive Weapons Bill. They would have affected huge parts of the trade. See link – page 8 onwards.

The Home Office have warned us that one clause may return - banning airgun use by under 18s anywhere except at an approved club. This would even stop parents training and supervising airgun use. The GTA is working with other national bodies to defeat it. "

I guess that politicians feel that eight days is sufficient cool-down time for consultation supplicants to be ignored, and then they can crack on with their own agenda as planned. Its basically what they do in all other areas of so-called "consultation".

Tavor is on my list too. A mate has one that I get to use - it just feels right.
Everybody I have let shoot it has always come away with a big smile on the face and saying "I WANT One!" I bought the X95 in 9mm to make it cheaper to shoot one more often and I have a 9mm can. I