Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

Will someone show me the difference in size tween 7-62 and 30-06 please
hand-66631_960_720.jpg

(Not to scale.)

Not for reasons of simplifying production of ammo but because scaling up an already working feed mechanism is easier than trying to reinvent the wheel.
On the other hand, when scaling down one encounters a kakhuisvol of problems according to Bill Ruger.

Glad you're chuffed with it and that uou group well with the rifle.
Must admit that my first thought on seeing the pic was, "Shit but that's ugly !"
That said, I own a CAM and a Steyr Scout so I'm probably not one to talk when it comes to rifle aesthetics.

Beauty, as the Scaley Alberto Munters thread appears to confirm, is very much in the eye of the beholder :p

tavor_04.jpg

I know its not a rifle per se but since the israelis make their take on the SA80 look like its on crack and interbred with the terminator I thought I would post this bad boy.

Damn those Jews are good at making shit that kills people look cool.

I love my 9mm and 5.56 Tavors. I sold my SLRs and some AR15s to get the three I own.
X95_Can.JPG

At just shy of 9:00am on a skuleday?

Slacker!
As the actor would say I'm resting between jobs and the game keeping rounds are down to every other day now although I'm still on the farm every day! Tomorrow I am taking the eldest to a job interview so by 0900 I anticipate relaxing with coffee and kindle in car park near Gatwick.

Ok.
Understandable, it is a full power cart so might be a bit much for you.
Too powerful for my home range and the Tavors will get the job done if required. I gave up all the 7.62 NATO some time ago but I do have two 7.62 X 39 if you like bigger bore stuff.