ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

HE117

LE

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Will have something on the one hand quite interesting, but on the other hand totally banal to post on here tomorrow ;)

1583594441017.png

So this is an export M16A1, late 70's, early 80's. Unissued stock, so only test-fired.

It was full auto until yesterday, when the following work was carried out:

- Hook on hammer filed back until it would not engage with the auto sear;
- auto sear and pin removed;
- auto sear pin holes drilled out and threaded M4 (probably not necessary but it seemed a good idea to me) - they'll get grub screws locktited into them when I get some;
- Semi selector fitted.

So this now would be a ball-ache to restore to full auto, even if you had an unmolested hammer, full auto selector, auto sear and pin available, which you don't cos they're controlled items.

Grub screws arrived, so the M16A1-with-balls-cut-off has been tidied up nicely :)

1584990177571.png

Well it’s arrived. God knows when I will get to a range but it’s nice to have it. Cost a small fortune.

Am I mental paying that for a single shot? Probably, but it’s done now and whatever the alternative was, it was also a single shot.

36B81927-6FC6-4F56-9F4B-CD0725F9EC3A.jpeg

looking forward to shooting it.

Well it’s arrived. God knows when I will get to a range but it’s nice to have it. Cost a small fortune.

Am I mental paying that for a single shot? Probably, but it’s done now and whatever the alternative was, it was also a single shot.

View attachment 459223
looking forward to shooting it.
That's a lovely bit of kit, only thing it's not wood furniture

That's a lovely bit of kit, only thing it's not wood furniture
trilux. Where are you Trilux

not started to look at what can still be picked up properly yet......... I have seen a wooden hand guard but I had to lie down when I looked at the price

not started to look at what can still be picked up properly yet......... I have seen a wooden hand guard but I had to lie down when I looked at the price
I bought a full size working air soft with real wood 365 sports guns. Buy that, chuck the c*ap away keep the wood :)

I bought a full size working air soft with real wood 365 sports guns. Buy that, chuck the c*ap away keep the wood :)
It's funny but when I got it, I couldn't see where the BBs went in the mag - its really confusing.

Just out of interest where would the rats tail disappear into on the airsoft butt when 'that rifle' let forth and discharged a round for all to kneel before and be beholden unto? Its not a proper copy of a gen bit of kit is it? Carry handle also?

edited to add 'bugger me'

Last edited:
It's funny but when I got it, I couldn't see where the BBs went in the mag - its really confusing.

Just out of interest where would the rats tail disappear into on the airsoft butt when 'that rifle' let forth and discharged a round for all to kneel before and be beholden unto? Its not a proper copy of a gen bit of kit is it? Carry handle also?

edited to add 'bugger me'

[/QUOTE
As you know in air soft no rats tail but the hole is still in it, I have often had an idea they are using old stock, or maybe sent it to China or Korea or somewhere and told them to copy that,, and the did

I`ll keep my ear open.

This any good ?

This any good ?

Ta. Spot on. Thats the swing swivels sorted.

Latest Threads