Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

ugly

LE
So sloppy bolt shroud gone away? Is that using the RG ammo I gave you?

ugly

LE
I can see GGG on the point!

I can see GGG on the point!
yep. Shoved three different rounds through it an all ejected OK.

The shroud is fine, but flaps about still. There is after market for it now - I guess people are seeing the opportunity to improve on the manufacturers ‘out of the box’ gat. I may pick up a shroud when I’m in the states next.

it shoots well and has quite a kick on it. The adjustable stock seems ok. Next time I’m out I’ll spend a bit of time getting the set up a bit more comfortable. Today was about getting it zero’d and making sure it wasn’t broken before I emptied a mag.......

Last edited:
I have a TRS that just died after 18 months and a holosun that keeps on trucking...I think I might check out the Sig Romeo next ( although red dots seems to exaggerate a very slight astigmatism I have).
I had that with EOTech's - astigmatism giving me a secondary image of the reticle.

I tried the cheap and cheerful Sightmark at a gun show and it worked well enough to make me buy one. I am happy with the Sightmark - the bonus being I can buy 2.5 Sightmark for the price of 1 EOtech so I don't worry about ding's and bang's anymore.

I had that with EOTech's - astigmatism giving me a secondary image of the reticle.

I tried the cheap and cheerful Sightmark at a gun show and it worked well enough to make me buy one. I am happy with the Sightmark - the bonus being I can buy 2.5 Sightmark for the price of 1 EOtech so I don't worry about ding's and bang's anymore.
I will take a look at them - I wouldn’t mind trying out an aimpoint and seeing if I star bursts for me. I have a feeling it would last a lot longer too.

Dang your bad luck... that one must have a screwed up barrel to be such a huge group...

:)
Bottom left group was on target, adjustment moved it slightly to the right and second adjustment moved in on bull.

git!!

edited to add - you can probably spot the one where I snatched the trigger.....

One for the long range shooters, its a bit old, but I have not seen it before:

1000yards apparently. I can only think that it hit the plate, ricocheted down and hit something on the ground that returned it to sender.

Just out of interest, Sweaty Ben at classic firearms is running a competition to win a semi auto L4. Not a fan personally of Sweaty Ben but he claims it's worth $8000.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
Just out of interest, Sweaty Ben at classic firearms is running a competition to win a semi auto L4. Not a fan personally of Sweaty Ben but he claims it's worth $8000.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Gizzit

Once again something interesting seen on the range, this morning to be precise. Now the "rifle" below is definitely something that you don't see every day, it's basically a Yugo MG44 converted to semi auto in 308 Win. Needed a whole box of Kleenex to tidy up the mess.
The wierd thing about this gun is that only hunters are allowed to buy one, I can't because I'm only a target shooter and there are no authorised shooting disciplines for belt fed guns. However as long as there is anyone on this planet with a hole on his Arrse such guns will never ever be used on a hunt in Germany. Logical innit?

Attachments

Chicken

Old-Salt
That's a pretty interesting weapon.
Is it still possible to own weapons that were at one time full auto?
It used to be possible here in Norway.

That's a pretty interesting weapon.
Is it still possible to own weapons that were at one time full auto?
It used to be possible here in Norway.
Since 2003 no problem, there were at one time shed loads of G3s and FALS on the market and even StGw 57s, nowadays everyone's going for AR15s or the various clones plus AR18s. The recent attempt by the EU to ban such converted weapons failed after massive protests. But I have the feeling that they'll have another go sooner or later.

Chicken

Old-Salt
They did similar here.

They published a list of now banned semi autos,anything not on that list is still allowed to be owned but never sold.Owners of the banned weapons will get 3 years to dispose of them.

That ment that all the former full auto flew under the radar but no one is allowed to buy new ones.

Full auto is still allowed so yeah,silly rules are not unique to Norway.

Well

View attachment 435492

first outing and

View attachment 435494

fine tuning before anyone starts.....

and yes it works!
25 yard range?

I was at a 25 yard indoor yesterday, testing out a beater HK SP89K I picked up...

Rapid fire instinct shooting on 7 yard slow fire pistol targets at 25 yards, because I haven't got decent sights for it yet... Gun ran well.

Screengrab from video showing my worst of 2 group target back against baffles...
Screenshot (1224).png

HK with the 2 targets shot rapid instinct...

20200112_165059.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
25 yard range?

I was at a 25 yard indoor yesterday, testing out a beater HK SP89K I picked up...

Rapid fire instinct shooting on 7 yard slow fire pistol targets at 25 yards, because I haven't got decent sights for it yet... Gun ran well.

Screengrab from video showing my worst of 2 group target back against baffles...
View attachment 443608

HK with the 2 targets shot rapid instinct...

View attachment 443612
100m range for my first outing. Wont get on a longer range until the spring now unfortunately

My most obscure acquisition yet.... AAA SAC

1579204280381.png

Unfortunately missing its rearsight, grrrrrrrrr... But that was reflected in the price.

Latest Threads