Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

I'll have at least two if not four from you if thats possible. I cant see me needing them in a rush!
I reckon the factory mags may be causing the problem with my Ruger. I’m going to have a look at a centre fed mag and see if that helps, otherwise the bolt will have to go back - It’s not picking up and ejecting used brass.

Seems to be a bit of a thing with the RPR....

ugly

LE
I reckon the factory mags may be causing the problem with my Ruger. I’m going to have a look at a centre fed mag and see if that helps, otherwise the bolt will have to go back - It’s not picking up and ejecting used brass.

Seems to be a bit of a thing with the RPR....
Ok have you tried any online forums? If not the UK importer is Viking, they are pretty good and would be happy to talk with you direct rather than second hand!

Ok have you tried any online forums? If not the UK importer is Viking, they are pretty good and would be happy to talk with you direct rather than second hand!
looks like a design fault - had a few chats on the Ruger RPR forums. I'll give Viking a poke

Any problems let me know and I'll call them!
Just back from Bisley - its done it again. I've pinged Jane at Viking a note and asked if they want the bolt back or the whole gat. Well pissed off. I didn't even wait for the RCO to tell me to pack in trying and get off the shooting point. The only upside is it was pissing down with drizzle this morning, so at least I left reasonably dry..........

ugly

LE
I really dont know what to say. It shouldn't happen with a new rifle. I hope they deal with this promptly!

I really dont know what to say. It shouldn't happen with a new rifle. I hope they deal with this promptly!
Not as much as me!!!

Seen on the range this morning, it has gizzit written all over it. It's a semi auto copy of the MP44, although the full auto button is fitted it is welded solid. One can but dream. I think every law abiding citizen here should have one, plus a P08, MP 40, MG 42. Not forgetting a ton of assorted ammo.
Moscow here we come.

Attachments

One of the Dittrich ones?
I think so. The owner did tell me who made it, but I've forgotten.
The interesting thing is the mag, it looks like a 30rd mag but is only 5 shot. However Einsteins theory states that space/time is flexible. The owner manages to fire 30 times without reloading, therefore Einstein was right.

Yes the one I had a cabby on came with a short 5 round mag but the owner also had the 30 round mag.

I didn't know they did a 30 that was a 5 but It does not surprise me.

The one I shot also had trouble with the fully loaded 30 dropping out of the mag well which he'd sent it back because of that and they hadn't fixed it. He eventually managed to fit it propery himself with some very careful filing.

triggerigger

Old-Salt
Tidied the cabinet and swapped some scopes about and thought it would be nice to get a family photo as all were present. Will Up on the roof with the tikka at 0330 waiting for Mr muntjac. 308.hmr 22lr 12g.fac air. I really need a 22 250
DSC_1232-3105x4140.JPG

ugly

LE
My own 22-250 is a Sako 85 in laminate wood with satin finish, very sexy

triggerigger

Old-Salt
I can't really justify one unfortunately.
Finding time and energy to use the ones I have is getting harder as it never seems to get dark! Or the pigions are in the wrong place or the crops/grass is to long or there is no safe shot. Or the leaves are noisy! Sat on the roof from 0330 till 0745 came down walked around the corner. MUNTJAC! Last seen bouncing through the flower beds! Rabbits seem to have radar EWS. It's too hot and I'm getting old! . I Always find the summer hard work.

This morning I was on the 100 mtr range and while waiting for a vacant slot was casually chatting to a couple of other members. One of them anounced that he was going for some "Kampffeldbeleuchtung" battle field illumination. Sensing that something unusual was about to happen I grabbed the mobile phone. From his bag he produced a made in USA AR15 of sorts with a 10" bbl. It wasn't long before everyone on the range wanted to know what had produced the volcanic eruption and accompanying earthquake. It wan't just f***ing loud, it could be felt as well. Before and after piccies, enjoy.

Attachments

This morning I was on the 100 mtr range and while waiting for a vacant slot was casually chatting to a couple of other members. One of them anounced that he was going for some "Kampffeldbeleuchtung" battle field illumination. Sensing that something unusual was about to happen I grabbed the mobile phone. From his bag he produced a made in USA AR15 of sorts with a 10" bbl. It wasn't long before everyone on the range wanted to know what had produced the volcanic eruption and accompanying earthquake. It wan't just f***ing loud, it could be felt as well. Before and after piccies, enjoy.
A DNTC brake on an 18" barrel para FAL produces a similar result & clear benches either side at the range...
1oops.gif

A DNTC brake on an 18" barrel para FAL produces a similar result & clear benches either side at the range...View attachment 410567
everyone had a moan about my muzzle break on the Ruger when I took at to Bisley for the first time. I should have had a lane clear either side of me - the lad acting as RSO went bonkers. Great noise though!!

This is actually the solution. And I have one to test!

ugly

LE
This is actually the solution. And I have one to test!

I've done some testing for him, I hope you didnt see the footage :censored:

Latest Threads