Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

ugly

LE
some were 40 grain and the heaviest were 52 grains. Just clearing 1000 ft pounds.

ugly

LE
I think some of my 22-250 loads are doing 4000 fps. I may nip out next week and chrono those. A 40 grain bullet!
Those would be making 1400 plus foot pounds, similar to factory AK ammo.

ugly

LE
Of course it is, and this is my target pistol

..........and my squirrel gun.

I err use something a little less assault and more f*ck you on squirrels
DSCN0120.JPG

Although I have used the .280 and the 22-250 on them as well.

What`s the odd looking muzzle brake ?
Titanium blast diverter - the muzzle brake is threaded for suppressor and the diverter gets threaded on the same way but with a BFO hole to the front.

The bang from a 10 inch barrel is loud, very loud, with a beach ball sized flash - it is even loud with ear defenders. The diverter pushes the noise and flash forward and away from the shooter.

Titanium blast diverter - the muzzle brake is threaded for suppressor and the diverter gets threaded on the same way but with a BFO hole to the front.

The bang from a 10 inch barrel is loud, very loud, with a beach ball sized flash - it is even loud with ear defenders. The diverter pushes the noise and flash forward and away from the shooter.
Try a FAL with a 12" barrel... :omfg:

Tosh's FAL............you'd run away just from the bang's, ever mind the flying lead.

You not allowed moderators over there ?

ugly

LE
Over flash eliminator/muzzle brake mods have been around for a while. I know an RFD who makes them. I tested his mods to destruction. The muzzle brakes he builds are brilliant with a threaded portion and thread protector.
His mods are being reworked to make them more robust! They passed the tests but I was asked to break them, simulating a years use in a weekend.
That was fun!

Over flash eliminator/muzzle brake mods have been around for a while. I know an RFD who makes them. I tested his mods to destruction. The muzzle brakes he builds are brilliant with a threaded portion and thread protector.
His mods are being reworked to make them more robust! They passed the tests but I was asked to break them, simulating a years use in a weekend.
That was fun!
They seem to have become quite popular quite recently with the Septics , guess it because its not easy to get moderators over there , ironic considering what they can have.

ugly

LE
They seem to have become quite popular quite recently with the Septics , guess it because its not easy to get moderators over there , ironic considering what they can have.
Indeed the MoD trialled over FE sound mods with surefire didnt they?

Tosh's FAL............you'd run away just from the bang's, ever mind the flying lead.

Bloody airsofters get everywhere

That was fun!
I had an over the brake/flash eliminator one on the AI.

ugly

LE
Those are special items. You have to apply to the Federal Government to get your stamp and approval to have one.

How to Buy a Suppressor
Over here most FEO's (the chaps that process the firearms certificate applications) usually ask if you want sound moderators on your certificate. Its easier to have them put on a the beginning so asking for one for each firearms usually means you get extra slots you can convert for full on firearms later!
Cost? Minimal really, rimfire sound mods retail from between £30 and £100 and Centrefire between £150 and £350 depending upon your choice. The second hand market is good and the Swiss mods last for a guaranteed 10 000 rounds. How many sporting rifle shooter would get through that lot.
The F class mob find them useful as well. It often works like an expansion tube allowing a few more fps to be squeezed out of a load and also damps some of the barrel vibrations making for a smoother shot!