Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

Does the RPR use an AR10 or AR15 or a unique hand guard ?
Seekins SP3R handguard is a popular upgrade.

Seekins Precision

The thing that sell's the rifle is that even as it arrive's in the box it has the widgets that people would ordinarily pay extra for. The first upgrade seem's to be to put on the Magpul stock & nice pistol grip, followed by a handguard, larger mag release, and on it goes.

"Shall I spend $3K on an AICS package, or $1K on a ready to roll Ruger"? No competition, they really hit the market just right.

Seekins SP3R handguard is a popular upgrade.

Seekins Precision

The thing that sell's the rifle is that even as it arrive's in the box it has the widgets that people would ordinarily pay extra for. The first upgrade seem's to be to put on the Magpul stock & nice pistol grip, followed by a handguard, larger mag release, and on it goes.

"Shall I spend $3K on an AICS package, or $1K on a ready to roll Ruger"? No competition, they really hit the market just right.
It seems all the manufacturers have jumped on the modular/chassis style after the RPR phenomenon. Even Mossberg has one.

Winchester 1886 take down in 45/90

Pretty good accuracy wise for what it is.Currently getting about 3" groups at 100m which is more than good enough for what I will use it for.

I have always wanted one of these.

Its a killer at both ends,the steel crescent butt plate makes shooting from a bench horrible with stout reloads.

Attachments

Heard mixed views on RPRs... what’s it like accuracy wise? Worth the price tag (which, to be fair , seems pretty reasonable)?
You boys are ruined in the States. 308 is £1800 quid in the UK. At 500 sheets for a scope and 120 quid for a bi pod and you are into some serious investment. I wish I’d picked up a scope in the US last time I was over. Rip-off UK....

ugly

LE
You boys are ruined in the States. 308 is £1800 quid in the UK. At 500 sheets for a scope and 120 quid for a bi pod and you are into some serious investment. I wish I’d picked up a scope in the US last time I was over. Rip-off UK....
You just need to know where to go!;)

ugly

LE
The United States - clearly!
If you want a Ruger precision let me know and I will see what price I can get one for. I often get fixed mag or last years variables offered in p/x so quality fixed mag German glass can be had for as little as £300 depending on the model.
We can discuss this by PM!

If you want a Ruger precision let me know and I will see what price I can get one for. I often get fixed mag or last years variables offered in p/x so quality fixed mag German glass can be had for as little as £300 depending on the model.
We can discuss this by PM!
I’ve got a decision to make by June. There’s one on guntrader at the minute which the lad will take an offer on. I’m not in a hurry and the basis of the decision is how often I’ll get to shoot it

ugly

LE
Responded, Usually can get them in depending on calibre within a week!

Final Episode..

View attachment 381495
Here she is .. clean, bright and slightly oiled..

Back on the rack until range day!
Well.. range day over..

75gn Swiss No 2 behind a Lyman 530gn Minie.. smack in the black on point of aim! Excellent!

Well.. range day over..

75gn Swiss No 2 behind a Lyman 530gn Minie.. smack in the black on point of aim! Excellent!
Congratulations! At what distance?

I have loing held a fondness for a P53 Rifle.If you ever think of selling yours or know of where one is,I would be very interested.

I messed about with Sniders for a while,I kept one of them for my collection but seldom shoot it .

Congratulations! At what distance?

I have loing held a fondness for a P53 Rifle.If you ever think of selling yours or know of where one is,I would be very interested.

I messed about with Sniders for a while,I kept one of them for my collection but seldom shoot it .
200m..

I'm quite sure it will be good for much greater distances! Mine is a Civil pattern two band short rifle, which is either a P58 or a P60 depending on which armchair you are sitting in at the time. I was using a short cavity bullet designed for Parker Hale barrels, so I was not sure it would work in an original. I need to put a bit more lead down range, but it seems promising at the moment..

The short rifle had five rifling grooves as against the three of the P53 and two barrel bands as against the three, hence the term "two/three band Enfield". The short rifle was originally commissioned by the Navy, but was adopted by bits of the Army to equip Sergeants etc.. The accuracy of the short rifle was considered to be the equal of the P53, if not superior and they are much prized by the ML target shooting community. It used a sword type "Yataghan" type bayonet as against the triangular socket bayonet used on the P53 and Snider.

There was also a carbine, the P61, which is often referred to a a Musketoon. These are good out to 200, and have the advantage of fitting in standard gun cabinets. The early reproductions made by Parker Hale are excellent and are still obtainable for very reasonable money (£400 ish). Original Musketoons in good condition are rareish..

Many of the line P53s were converted to Sniders. Most Mk1 and Mk2 Sniders (without the button on the side of the block..) started life as ML P53s. The Mk 3 Sniders with the steel barrels were built from scratch as Sniders. P53s had wrought iron barrels..

I would have thought .40 rather than .45 for a Ballard..

.40-60 or .40-65!