• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

ugly

LE
Those aren't for sale, its a Historical Research page

Don't worry I have it bookmarked I even found out there are two kinds of swift,, :)

So this one appears to be a 1951 Fazakerly build (F51 over CR324 on butt socket), but also has the EFD "D" monogram 69 on the left receiver wall. Enfield renovation in 1969, presumably? Floorplate is electro-engraved CR345 over EFD monogram 69.

Forend matches the rifle's s/n, butt doesn't.
Do they have a dedicated new .22 barrel or a barrel liner ?

So this one appears to be a 1951 Fazakerly build (F51 over CR324 on butt socket), but also has the EFD "D" monogram 69 on the left receiver wall. Enfield renovation in 1969, presumably? Floorplate is electro-engraved CR345 over EFD monogram 69.

Forend matches the rifle's s/n, butt doesn't.

F51 is the factory code, not a date. It just happens to appear on a lot of 1951 rifle parts - and also those on rifles assembled or rebuilt during 1949, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, etc.

The floorplates aren't normally marked, so that may well be a refurb or inspection marking. CR324 is the action body part number, and is often mistakenly used as the rifle number in UK police records.

I'm not sure anyone has uncovered a definitive list of when and where No8s were made. They seem to have been put together in several batches by BSA, Enfield and Woolwich. There is no coherent numbering sequence, and some don't appear to have a number at all.

ugly

LE
F51 is the factory code, not a date. It just happens to appear on a lot of 1951 rifle parts - and also those on rifles assembled or rebuilt during 1949, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, etc.

The floorplates aren't normally marked, so that may well be a refurb or inspection marking. CR324 is the action body part number, and is often mistakenly used as the rifle number in UK police records.

I'm not sure anyone has uncovered a definitive list of when and where No8s were made. They seem to have been put together in several batches by BSA, Enfield and Woolwich. There is no coherent numbering sequence, and some don't appear to have a number at all.
Oh, OK. So it is a 1969 build then. Serial number is in the A7000 range, for info.

Fox indeed, I left a squirrel, a crow and a feral pigeon on the old lid I had nailed to the top of the fence post. Any dead poults get put here as its far enough away from the pens and on the boundary that it should feed buzzards rather than they help themselves to my pheasants. I wanted to see if Charlie the fox was taking them hence why I sat there for 4 hours. Yesterday was a barn work day so I didn't go out (plus it was pissing down so I spent 4 hours tidying up 30 years of previous gamekeepers detritus. Today I will need to run out some water containers so they start to catch water for the birds and will do it from the Land Rover as its pissing down again.
Maybe I will get time to weld the game cart frame together.
What a glamorous life you lead!

Stagging on is clearly in your DNA :)

As for Mr Fox, unless your stakeout was at a significant distance from town, there's every chance he was fossicking in bins assorted, by the light of environmentally friendly streetlamps.

Along with Arrse's Skipdiver-in-Chief, @Kirkz , prob'ly :)

ugly

LE
What a glamorous life you lead!

Stagging on is clearly in your DNA :)

As for Mr Fox, unless your stakeout was at a significant distance from town, there's every chance he was fossicking in bins assorted, by the light of environmentally friendly streetlamps.

Along with Arrse's Skipdiver-in-Chief, @Kirkz , prob'ly :)
As the birds fly dreckly I imagine the nearest village is about a mile. We did have significant new cubs on the farm this year. One of our neighbours who is in the shoot has despatched a few for me.
I visited the feed station yesterday afternoon and not only did the foxes ignore it but so did the buzzards.
I have to erect another one on one of the other boundaries where the Buzzards should see it!

I visited the feed station yesterday afternoon and not only did the foxes ignore it but so did the buzzards.
I have to erect another one on one of the other boundaries where the Buzzards should see it!
Myopic birds of prey, or beginners error on your part?

I'll leave it to the Arrserati to make up their own minds :)

ugly

LE
Myopic birds of prey, or beginners error on your part?

I'll leave it to the Arrserati to make up their own minds :)
I expect they will find it soon enough

015BC73B-E4D4-4D8D-A6F5-B9986A256BF7.jpeg

Let the Bunnymaggedon begin......... needing to get this little puppy moderated and scoped up (thinking Pulsar), to wage war on Roger Rabbit and his kin.

I’m not even going to rule out a ‘comedy’ drum magazine ‘just because’. John J Rabbit your time has come!!!!

The stuff you buy after speaking utter shoite in the wee small hours under the lamp thinking of more effective ways of dealing with vermin....

Latest Threads