Rifles Hot or Not - Show us yer kit!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yup, but I abuse everyone equally, if they deserve it, regardless of race, creed, or colour.
Glad to hear it, no favouritism, no discrimination.

Oh except for the woodclangers, clamjousters and frankenfannies.
They only want 100% equality - and extra special treatment.

ugly

LE
Sako 85 in 22-250 6x42 S&B, B&T mod
DSCN1221.JPG

Sat here last night in ambush at a bait station. Nothing turned up. I hope the Buzzards will have the dead things now.
Lots of time to sit and think, 3 hours. A bit like staging on in the old days only no Bergan or CVR to sit in.
Came up with loads of daft ideas I will need to write down today.

I think that sitting waiting like that is one of the finest forms of relaxation I know.

Likewise, I come up with so many daft ideas but not many ever get past the planning stage.

Sako 85 in 22-250 6x42 S&B, B&T mod View attachment 354112
Sat here last night in ambush at a bait station. Nothing turned up. I hope the Buzzards will have the dead things now.
Lots of time to sit and think, 3 hours. A bit like staging on in the old days only no Bergan or CVR to sit in.
Came up with loads of daft ideas I will need to write down today.
I'm curious: what were you hoping for? Something carnivorous, I'm thinking, if the untaken bait was buzzard fodder, so - aside from the inedible Fox - I'm a tad stumped.

Somebody's bubba'd the rearsight though. Good thing I have a spare, eh?

So this one appears to be a 1951 Fazakerly build (F51 over CR324 on butt socket), but also has the EFD "D" monogram 69 on the left receiver wall. Enfield renovation in 1969, presumably? Floorplate is electro-engraved CR345 over EFD monogram 69.

Forend matches the rifle's s/n, butt doesn't.

ugly

LE
I'm curious: what were you hoping for? Something carnivorous, I'm thinking, if the untaken bait was buzzard fodder, so - aside from the inedible Fox - I'm a tad stumped.
Fox indeed, I left a squirrel, a crow and a feral pigeon on the old lid I had nailed to the top of the fence post. Any dead poults get put here as its far enough away from the pens and on the boundary that it should feed buzzards rather than they help themselves to my pheasants. I wanted to see if Charlie the fox was taking them hence why I sat there for 4 hours. Yesterday was a barn work day so I didn't go out (plus it was pissing down so I spent 4 hours tidying up 30 years of previous gamekeepers detritus. Today I will need to run out some water containers so they start to catch water for the birds and will do it from the Land Rover as its pissing down again.
Maybe I will get time to weld the game cart frame together.

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
It was the Army's answer to the plethora of .22 training rifles built on Lee Enfield actions. Build one meant to be a target trainer from the beginning. Frankly I thought they had it right!

ugly

LE
Ugly to be honest it's one I would not buy it would be butcherd beyond help, I have the still working swift training rifle that's gone down very well so well that now only take that and one of the 303s and a bren and soon the browning with me, I still have a few to get rid of I think the castle will get them, but the lookalikes I will keep hold of for my range

Latest Threads