Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rifles, D&Ds and LI - Battlevest Test people needed.

Looks like a very immpressive vest. Ive used quite a few now (HM Supplies, M83 SA and Artkis) and the main problem I have always had is the ammo pouches tearing, especially since the A2 mags came in. I found with all three though, that the pouches often prevent you from pulling the weapon into the shoulder. Too many pouches can be an issue too, as joe squaddie will be tempted to carry too much kit and I often found pouches snagging on vehicles as i was exiting. On real time ops what do you really need to carry, ammo, field dressings and water and thats about it.

Tango34_UK

War Hero
Thanks for the feedback, I agree getting the weapon into the shoulder can be a problem, hopefully less with my vest! As the original version was a vest that had been built by a serving member, with operational time served, hopefully this vest won't cause as many problems.

I have worked with a lot of the other vests, available on the market place, I even worked for Arktis for a while, so I know the type of problems you can get.

I know that my vest, won't be the answer to all your problems, when it comes to a vest for operational use, I just hope that it will go towards giving the end user a better system then they have now! and at a far better price!

Regards

dogmonkey said:
Does it have a bayonet frog on it, or anywhere to attach one?

If not, it probably should.

A sword frog would be better.

Tango34_UK

War Hero
That old Sword or Bayonet thingie, I called it a Bayonet (LI) so that make you a RGJ then? What will the rifles be refering to it as?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
well my mob are RGJ majority so will prob try and call it a sword... when may we know if we are the lucky ones? my course is in second half of march ya see!

Tango34_UK

War Hero
I have a new stock of vests coming in, around the first week of March, I will decide who gets it, around the end of Feb (allows lots of people to apply!) and then post it out to who ever "wins" - Don't mind where you are, and the "winner" can have either a DPM and desert DPM version......

I will need a few pictures of it being used, as well as a write up!

Regards

T34, does it fit over the new Osprey CBA?

Last year on Herrick we could not fit the issue desert ops vest over the Osprey. The only adjustment was the 3 long buckles at the front. This meant that you could not reach into the ammo pouches or open the zips.

We ended up using chest rigs or standard belt kit and the latter was no good for vehicle patrols.

One of my mates had an Arktis vest, and this had adjustment each side at the rear. This did fit with Osprey.

I will be in 7 Rifles as of 1st Feb 07, and would love to trial your vest.

WM

four_one_f

Clanker
The vest T34 is selling is a mega bit of kit. the prototype is the vest im selling. A few mods were decided apon and T34 is selling the updated, improved version.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
will you be doing a group discount for bulk orders? i think some people in my unit might be interested!

jrichards30

Clanker
Hi is it any good with H&K G36 mags??

If so I know we're not Rifles but PWRR are in Ireland and if you want COP to test one just say, different role and that.

Benobo

Swinger
I'm going on Telic 10 with the KRH BG if you would like a Armoured Corps perspective although I must confess that we will be operating out of Bulldog and Warrior. PM me if I'm lucky enough to be picked.

patchemup

Old-Salt
Going on OP Telic 10 with 4th Rifles. In a HQ role but can pass on to Recce Pl personel for a coal face opinion if so desired. PM me if successful. :meditate:

patchemup

Old-Salt
PS RVOps has a shop in Kiwi Bks this is just the thing they like to sell. If full production undsertaken might be a good contact to make.

wg100

War Hero
I'm out in the Stan at the moment and would be more than willing to give it a go.
I'll re-iterate WMs point about compatibility with Osprey. It'll be fcuk all use if you can't get to the mag pouches...

Oh, yeah. I'll be 7 Rifles in 12 days...

In-the-Van

Old-Salt
four_one_f said:
May as well be cheeky and let everyone know the prototype if for sale on ebay. :thumright:

May as well be cheeky and let everyone know that the Vanguard All-arms vest is available in standard + X-large so can be worn with body armour if required!

numbered_3

Old-Salt
jrichards30 said:
Hi is it any good with H&K G36 mags??

If so I know we're not Rifles but PWRR are in Ireland and if you want COP to test one just say, different role and that.

Yeah because we use HK 53's in green kit! :numberone:

Edited because i was being a cnut!

Tango,

See pm

ITC

Tango34_UK

War Hero
Ok, here we go.....

Yes will work with G36 mags and has been tested.

Still awaiting feedback from Para role, but may be looking at a different set of trials with Para forces.

Yes can offer a discount on unit purchase, or on 5 + vests purchased together.

Can and will ship BFPO!

Will fit over CBA and / or Osprey CBA and has been tested in this role, as much adjustment as "normal" PLCE, but can and will make in larger size if anyone requires it.

I am starting to get together a list of all interested in trailing this vest, will put together a short set of questions, and then work out who gets the vest!

regards

Latest Threads