Rifles, D&Ds and LI - Battlevest Test people needed.

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Tango34_UK, Jan 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Having served with both the old 1LI and 1 Devon and Dorset (a few years ago now!)

Its time to ask serving members for help, I will have some items appearing over the next few months, and would like to get a member of The Rifles to test it for me?

A picture of the equipment is available here:-

http://www.tactical-sales.com/images/Land%20warrior%20Vest%20Pouch%20Sperad%20copy.jpg

Description is here:-

http://www.tactical-sales.com/landwarrior.htm

If any serving members of The Rifles (or about to become members of The Rifles) can contact me via this forum if they are interested, then I will start to work out who gets the Battlevest to test.

At this time, I already have 1 x vest going out on test with the RAF Regt, and another going to Para Regt, but would like to get a 3rd into The Rifles.

Best Regards
    Tango34

2. I can ask, I'm Rifles but NRPS - the DDLI (Rifles) recruiting team work next door. I'm sure I can find somone with a brain who can trial it for you.

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That actually looks pretty good T34!
    Have you considered other units, armies?

4. I know there is a RGJ guy coming to afghan with us.. if you want we could trial one in theater??

5. Free webbing to trial in theatre - where were you ten years ago!?!?

6. Thank you for the feedback so far.

The vest started off life as a self built vest, from a member of staff from one of the Training Depots, he let me have it to improve on, and it just went from there.

The feedback im getting from my contacts (can I say that word, without paying for a slab? :) ) is so far very good. To start with I will be selling these direct, but sometime this year we hope to get them into some of the garrison areas.

With regards to having a set out being tested, well with a set going into RAF Regt, another to Para, it felt right that I should support the unit(s) I used to serve with and have them test a set as well.

Ref "Where was I ten years ago" - Getting Tactical-Sales off the ground, its been a long time getting to where it is today, and we still have a lot more work to do!

It is in my interest to get all my equipment tested by serving members of the Forces, if it isn't tested, then how do I know if it will do the job? This also then works very well for me, as I end up with walking adverts for my equipment. :)

Regards
    Tango34

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Best of luck mate it really does look well put together! Now if you could do one in tweed with pouches for dog whistles, treats, leads, dummies, dead birds, keys to the pick up and definetly in a good sensible tweed!

8. Being ex D and D, would love to have tested that. See you on the 27th.

BT

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Me or T34?

10. Anyone who's going.

BT

11. Ugly, watch this space, later on this year, I might be asking you to help us design a shooting belt, with the idea of it being able to carry Shotgun shells, or Rifle rounds, for stakers.

Just got to get the Military stuff selling first!

Regards

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Winchester for the concert? I'll be round the corner with the whole family Ug as it is our last day shooting this season. I cant see them and the 11 dogs we will be using that day waiting for me to sit through the concert. I shall hopefully attend something more local, ie the pub or go up to London and meet up with some jackets ex and in to bemoan the passing of the regiments. It will be a drinking order day so no blazers, rugby tops ok!

13. Does it have a bayonet frog on it, or anywhere to attach one?

If not, it probably should.

14. Yes it come with a bayonet frog, and also lots of points to attach it (Molle) the frog has been remodded into a Molle version.

It also comes supplied with a PRR and Flare pouch also in Molle.

Also will have pictures available either end of this week or start of next of the Desert DPM version.

Regards

15. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Am in 7 Rifles, and am due to do a course in Catterick soon, possibly another two weeks live firing in Macedonia this summer? Very willing to try it out?