Rifleman stabbed after returning from Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rfn_Warrior, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why would anyone want to stab a soldier, especially who has just returned from bandit country?
    Your views.

2. no Idea why, but death by a thousand cuts would too good.

I wish you a speedy recovery Rifleman.

3. I wish him all the best, but how short are memories. In case anyone forgot, large chunks of the N Irish hate British soldiers.

4. Speedy recovery to you Rifleman.

5. Perhaps because the closest chinese wouldnt be in a SF Friendly area? Its N.Ireland you fool NOT Little England!!!

6. Yes and it's Ballykinler not Peckham you fool, hardly the mugging capital of the UK! Any scousers in that Bn?

7. and in another sweeping genarlisation, large chunks of Ulster people think British soldiers are the dogs. I should know ... but I am not the only one to have had plenty of "wee bushes" lined up on the bar by some of the populace.

Same could be applied to large chunks of residents of 36 Grays Lane and perhaps large chunks of SO3s??

I just can not think why they decided to name such a large cemetery in France after a barracks in Lisburn?
    [​IMG]

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them

and peelers and Prison Officers, UDR, Greenfinches, Civil Search Unit, part time , full time, contractors, La Mon, Omagh........... we will remember them.

8. I know some blokes out there; we are not universally liked by the locals.

9. Are you very young or just woken from a long sleep?

10. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

You should choose your friends better, there are always a few rotton apples

11. That'll be the royal 'we' then :roll:

12. True, the Army is not liked. Rumours during the 90's the PIRA threatned to blow up the shop outside it, for serving soldiers.

13. They don't give a sh*te about him, just the phone.

Good on the soldier for A) Not handing it over and B) Surviving.

14. can agree with that but speedy wise it would have been better to hand it over, I almost got mugged the other day in Birmingham City Centre, a group of lads started on me and I just stuck me hand out after a load of gob and jumped on the first bus I saw when I was at the bus stop, it's so much different when it happens to you, if it was 1 or 2 lads I may have taken the initiative and tried to bottle the c*nts but it was roughly 6 or 7 of them and theres nowt that can be done!

15. Get well soon to the lad involved but phones can be replaced men like himself are not quite so easy to come by these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.