Rifle Platoon Commanders Insert

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by BBear, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Gents,

Having a mong moment. I've been reliably informed that this is on the BAEBB Dvd, but I can't find it. I dont think the disk is running as it ought to, so i'm going through the folders rather than any menu screen?

If anyone can give us a steer, it would be much appreciated!

2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

How naff are those little picture things!

3. If the DVD Drive is F:

This is a link to AATAM

F:\baebb\documents\1_Doc\1_Army_Pubs_04\D_AidesM\AC71770.pdf

and this is a link to the Infantry Pocket Book with Pl Comds considerations etc.

F:\baebb\documents\1_Doc\1_Army_Pubs_04\D_AidesM\AC71757.pdf

Hope this helps

Ops O

4. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Roger. Thanks very much, just looked them up. However I'm looking for the Rifle Platoon Commanders tam - like the one you get to spend hours waterproofing at Brecon. I guess it's not on the battle box?

5. Go to this page:

F:\baebb\pages\1_Doc\Nav\aides-m.htm

Explains that AATAM replaces TAM parts 1 & 2 and that the Cdrs Pocket book replaces Special to Arm Insert

Also gives links to other inserts (HERRICK etc)

6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Gleaming. Thanks. Very useful for the 9/10 liners.

I'm fairly current from Brecon, and it was my understanding that there was a seperate Aide Memoire for Section Cmdrs, Pl Sgts and Pl Cmdrs? That the AATAM and Inf pocket book was seperate? I probably am wrong though.

7. You are welcome.

You may be right about separate stuff but I haven't heard that. If so, it doesn't appear in the BAEBB. You might want to go to D Inf. That said, if you are going to the 'stan, or training for it, you probably want to stay within the domain of what is available, and therefore common, to all.

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I think a trip to the IBS is in order.

Thank you for all your help. You're correct, commonality is highly desirable!