Rifle lost on Dartmoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way the papers like to get all techie when describing kit the SA-80 can fire 700 rounds per minute really? and where is the squaddie going to store the 24 mags needed for this? and manage to fire them all off without the weapon overheating or jamming
Edited for being a mathematical mong

joey_deacons_lad said:
I love the way the papers like to get all techie when describing kit the SA-80 can fire 700 rounds per minute really? and where is the squaddie going to store the 24 mags needed for this? and manage to fire them all off without the weapon overheating or jamming
I just had to delete my post! Yes, your maths was a little out ;)

smudge67 said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
I love the way the papers like to get all techie when describing kit the SA-80 can fire 700 rounds per minute really? and where is the squaddie going to store the 24 mags needed for this?
Your maths is a little out. 1 mag holds 30 rounds. 700/30 = 23.3

Edited to add - Damn you edited your post quickly!!
I edited the original slip of the fingers and you would have 24 as one should carry full mags to start with

wevers said:
You ever been issued .3 of a mag......
Yes. 10 rounds for guard duty. 8)

W

wevers

Social_Handgrenade said:
wevers said:
You ever been issued .3 of a mag......
Yes. 10 rounds for guard duty. 8)
I wasn't referring to 1/3 of the contents of a mag or I would have said something along the lines of "have you ever been issued .3 of the contents of a mag"

You wouldn't say you had been issued 1/2 a pair of trousers if you had 1 leg.....would you???

joey_deacons_lad said:
When a weapon went missing from Browning barracks (and was offered to an undercover reporter from the sun) they described it as something along the lines of being able to cut a house in half. Then only a few months later slating the weapon as useless.

theoriginalphantom said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
When a weapon went missing from Browning barracks (and was offered to an undercover reporter from the sun) they described it as something along the lines of being able to cut a house in half. Then only a few months later slating the weapon as useless.
Oh and another one the rifle can kill a man at up to 800m it which it can do easily when you ignore things like wind direction bullet drop and the fact a target might move then the average tom can be a long distance shooting ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.