Rifle for sale

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ArchieCat, Apr 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No - I'll be willing to bet the rifle will turn up. Either that or it has been lost in the system. SA80's arn't just handed out without being signed for... It's a storm in a tea cup.
  2. L85A3?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. "...The high-performance SA80..."

• Like Like x 2
  4. No? "I need 20 rifles for WHTs - butt numbers 10 to 30 will do..." It happens.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Not to worry, it is just an SA80 after all. Now if it had been an SLR then that would have been of concern.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Weren't you paying attention? It's a high performance one. They're rare, they are.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. let's not head of in any other direction. stick to the rifle in question.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'll admit it. I had to count that out on my fingers. But you're right.
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Just to be pedantic that would make 21 rifles.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Well that might account for the missing rifle then, armoury storeman unable to count so easily outwitted.
  11. Sharp today.
  12. /customavatars/avatar21411_4.gif
    • Like Like x 4
  13. "The rifle, which had not been signed out, was unaccounted for"

Quality journalistic analysis.
  14. Every day, count the guns, Brownings, SLRs, SMGs, LMGs, GPMGs and Charlie Gs.
    Every week, check each and every serial number ... EVERY ****ing ONE! There were hundreds! ...

I did a few weeks arms store waiting for a posting. Most boring time of my life. Made a few bob cleaning gats for guys handing them back from the range though. Every cloud.