Rifle for sale

No - I'll be willing to bet the rifle will turn up. Either that or it has been lost in the system. SA80's arn't just handed out without being signed for... It's a storm in a tea cup.

Every day, count the guns, Brownings, SLRs, SMGs, LMGs, GPMGs and Charlie Gs.
Every week, check each and every serial number ... EVERY ****ing ONE! There were hundreds! ...

I did a few weeks arms store waiting for a posting. Most boring time of my life. Made a few bob cleaning gats for guys handing them back from the range though. Every cloud.

No? "I need 20 rifles for WHTs - butt numbers 10 to 30 will do..." It happens.
Isn't there an SOP somewhere which does not allow weapons to be blocked signed out? Of course there will be circumstances where they have to be moved en-masse but then you could keep much tighter control of them than is they were in individual squaddies greasy mitts.

If this does turn out to be the case and the rifle really is missing the QM will be getting a severe arse kicking right up to CM I wager.............

ugly

LE
Every day, count the guns, Brownings, SLRs, SMGs, LMGs, GPMGs and Charlie Gs.
Every week, check each and every serial number ... EVERY ****ing ONE! There were hundreds! ...

I did a few weeks arms store waiting for a posting. Most boring time of my life. Made a few bob cleaning gats for guys handing them back from the range though. Every cloud.
A certain Bn of the Queens regiment borrowed our HK53s and sent them back with the wrong working parts in, investigation of the Ballykinler arms cote showed they had at first glance correct serial numbers, unfortunately for them closer inspection showed they were porrly faked and another notch in the already poor scorecard was added.

Isn't there an SOP somewhere which does not allow weapons to be blocked signed out?
Probably. But your choice of "Isn't there..." rather than "There is..." shows how much attention people pay to SOPs until somebody drops in the shit.

Latest Threads