Rifle Drill

The cadet force issues a HUGE training pamphlet liberally scattered with obvious safety points which helpfully has all of this in it. I suggest that you read it, write your lesson based on it and stop bothering us, because our advice will not be very relevant to cadets (bayonets etc).

Taking you a stage further in your foot drill, i'm now going to teach you....

Come to attention, turn to the right in a smart and soldier like manor and fcuk off

Z

Zarathustra

Muffin_Kicker said:
Taking you a stage further in your foot drill, i'm now going to teach you....

Come to attention, turn to the right in a smart and soldier like manor and fcuk off
The reason this movement is taught is to allow you as an individual or as a formed body of men to not ask stupid questions in a smart and soldier like manner

Hi all and greetings from Malta G.C.
I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Armed Forces of Malta G.C. I've been in the Army for the past eighteen years and my job is, believe it or not ,(I know the British Army doesn't do this; appoint Staff Sergeant's as RSMs that is) but I am and have been for the past four years the Air Wing Sergeant Major in charge of Discipline and Personnel Management here.
I am also an operational Helicopter Rescue Swimmer (Jack of all Trades LOL). Also listed on my CV (Me heads getting bigger so I'm going to have to stop soon) an active Drill Instructor.
I was trained here in Malta G.C but am being sent to Catterick in May for an AAADI course. Anyway this is my first post on this site and just wanted to say Hi.
Regards from Malta (The George Cross Island)

PS (Almost forgot) Anyone know anything about Catterick and the ADI course. Any suggestions perhaps. It's my first course abroad and I'm prepairing myself hard.

Cheers.

I know it doesn't take a lot...but help I'm confused now! and a tad unsettled....did that last post make any sense or have I slumped into pre-weekend p*ss-up mode early?

It could be the dementia I suppose?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Charlie, being both a blonde and a woman it may well have confused you, but don't worry your pretty little head over it. :)

RogerM said:
Hi all and greetings from Malta G.C.
I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Armed Forces of Malta G.C. I've been in the Army for the past eighteen years and my job is, believe it or not ,(I know the British Army doesn't do this; appoint Staff Sergeant's as RSMs that is) but I am and have been for the past four years the Air Wing Sergeant Major in charge of Discipline and Personnel Management here.
I am also an operational Helicopter Rescue Swimmer (Jack of all Trades LOL). Also listed on my CV (Me heads getting bigger so I'm going to have to stop soon) an active Drill Instructor.
I was trained here in Malta G.C but am being sent to Catterick in May for an AAADI course. Anyway this is my first post on this site and just wanted to say Hi.
Regards from Malta (The George Cross Island)

PS (Almost forgot) Anyone know anything about Catterick and the ADI course. Any suggestions perhaps. It's my first course abroad and I'm prepairing myself hard.

Cheers.
My advice would be:

1. Learn to drink a lot of booze, an awful lot of booze.

2. Get used to the knickname 'Malteaser' and finding spherical malt honeycomb centre surrounded by milk chocolate sweets in your boots, pockets, bed, your drink etc etc etc

3. Repeat point 1.

Enjoy Catterick you'll love the change in climate... :roll:

Thanks Airfix for your response.
Ah, Yes, I've heard about the famous booze ups (or is that piss ups, for want of a better word :D ). I will be at a disadvantage there though. You Brits just drink pints of beer. We Maltesers prefer wine (and loads of it) and I've already been warned that ordering wine in a mess or in a pub would no doubt gravitate my situation/disadvantage considerably.
Anyway, I'll just have to get practicing on building up a beer 'gut' for my period in the UK. As for the Malteasers in my pockets, boots, bed and God knows what else well I like them so that would mean I'll have an abundance of free chocolate to see me through the six weeks :D .

By the way, is it true that Drill courses are held at Catterick Garrison up North and not Catterick Barracks in the London district?

I would closely check that the small balls are actually chocolate before you eat them.

Taffnp said:
I would closely check that the small balls are actually chocolate before you eat them.
Balls 8O ! I should have thought about that one :wink: !