Rifle cleaning kit

Hello chaps,
Can some one please tell me what the part number is for the new kit, as ive had a little search for it and can't find it.
If i can get the part number i can order it as my SQ has no idea what im on about, Cheers.

Are you on about the operational supplymentry cleaning kit that comes in a zip up pouch and only contains an oilbottle and the new pull through

That's the one I'm after if you have the NSN for it & the bits inside.

I dont have the NSN to hand. But theres no chance of getting it in UK, theatre only. I tried... and failed :(

FFBox said:
Ditto the NSN
Here you go lads
Operational Cleaning Kit

AESP 1005-L-202-711
Pouch B4/1005-99-216-9375
Oil Bottle B4/1005-99-192-5206
Cap Screw B4/1005-99-445-3228
Spray Pump B4/1005-99-337-1354
Wire Pull through B4/1005-99-693-0479
Combi Tool B4/1005-99-499-9236
Swab B4/1005-99-215-4193

Was just about to post them, but trailape got there first.

If anyone manages to get some through the system can you let everyone know. I just got a slap on the wrist last time i tried.

Anybody got a picture of one of these cleaning kits?

if you don't mind spending a bit of cash, Otis do various cleaning kits for all sorts of civvie and military applications...You can either buy the complete kits or buy the various components...When I go stalking I carry one of their wire pull throughs and a couple of jags/brushes ect as part of a mini kit...

HeavyHorse said:

if you don't mind spending a bit of cash, Otis do various cleaning kits for all sorts of civvie and military applications...You can either buy the complete kits or buy the various components...When I go stalking I carry one of their wire pull throughs and a couple of jags/brushes ect as part of a mini kit...
Fancy a butchers!

HeavyHorse said:

What's Army policy on cleaning rifles with non-issue gear nowadays? One thing that never seemed to get done back in my day was removing copper fouling. Whilst a pull through with an oily piece of flannelette is ok on a daily basis, a good scrub out with copper removing solution is best practice after heavy use or every few hundred rounds at least.
I've found the Forrest Bore Foam very good for this in my civvy shooting. I'd though it was a gimmick but I rate it over everything else now. Looking it up for the link I see that they do a similar product for everything up to artillery.

A cleaning rod with a phospor bronze brush is another requirement. I seem to remember that SA80 was issued with sectional rods but that it would need three or four of you to get together enough bits for a proper scrub out.