Riding a Trike? A question

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by giftedamateur, Nov 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    Can anybody help us answer a dinner party discussion?
    Can you ride a trike on a car licence?

thanks

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

3. thanks. we'll by one tomorrow

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

good man. Bloody great fun of you get the right one. What are you thinking of?

5. dont know yet. i think my dads had a couple of gins and is revving up for a very late midlife crisis! not sure i'll let him use my avitar again!

6. Used to depend on the weight of the trike, mine was VW based with car style seats (and no need for a helmet)

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

my prefernce is for a "lowrider" look. somefolks however prefer the Boom Trike volkswagen engine in the rear look. and some just get a bike and slot in a trike rear end. Basically theres loads to choose from including the mad as a box of frogs V8 car engined monsters.

8. mint!
    now I, not my dad, want to get one!
    cheers

9. Hasnt K13 EOD got one?

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

now this is my prefernce.

[​IMG]

11. leveller, please check pms, thanks

12. All the disadvantages of a bike, none of the advantages of a car. :D

13. Check out Chris Ireland, I'm too lazy to put the link up to his site. The man is a genius/madman when it comes to trikes and bikes. When I win the lottery I'll be asking him to make me another trike.

14. Had one myself last year, great fun, just one bit of advice, go for a trike with a 4 cyl water cooled engine!

Attached Files:

15. And all of the disadvantages of a car with none of the advantages of a bike.

Why be conventional ;)