Riding a Trike? A question

Used to depend on the weight of the trike, mine was VW based with car style seats (and no need for a helmet)

BiscuitsAB

LE
giftedamateur said:
dont know yet. i think my dads had a couple of gins and is revving up for a very late midlife crisis! not sure i'll let him use my avitar again!
my prefernce is for a "lowrider" look. somefolks however prefer the Boom Trike volkswagen engine in the rear look. and some just get a bike and slot in a trike rear end. Basically theres loads to choose from including the mad as a box of frogs V8 car engined monsters.

Check out Chris Ireland, I'm too lazy to put the link up to his site. The man is a genius/madman when it comes to trikes and bikes. When I win the lottery I'll be asking him to make me another trike.

Had one myself last year, great fun, just one bit of advice, go for a trike with a 4 cyl water cooled engine!

Attachments

Maninthestreet said:
clanky said:
All the disadvantages of a bike, none of the advantages of a car. :D
And all of the disadvantages of a car with none of the advantages of a bike.

Why be conventional ;)
Perhaps it's just a "Play safe" attitude, I know for one that you have to be prepared for a little uncomfyness, but on a summer night, sans bash hat in town it's far better then being sat in a cage, I only got mine because i'd smashed up my knee (NOT on a bike by the way) and you'd be suprised when sat at a standstill how many people come up with positive comments!

The only minus I can think of is that if you go for one on eBay, FFS look to see where it is, I had to go 10 miles away from Balmoral for mine and I live in YORK!

Blue/GreenJob said:
Maninthestreet said:
clanky said:

Why be conventional ;)
Perhaps it's just a "Play safe" attitude, I know for one that you have to be prepared for a little uncomfyness, but on a summer night, sans bash hat in town it's far better then being sat in a cage, I only got mine because i'd smashed up my knee (NOT on a bike by the way) and you'd be suprised when sat at a standstill how many people come up with positive comments!

The only minus I can think of is that if you go for one on eBay, FFS look to see where it is, I had to go 10 miles away from Balmoral for mine and I live in YORK!
Or even have a bike and a car, a convertable if you require the wind in your hair. Simple.

clanky said:
Blue/GreenJob said:
Maninthestreet said:
clanky said:

Why be conventional ;)

Or even have a bike and a car, a convertable if you require the wind in your hair. Simple.
Yup there is that, but some of us want to get the bike feeling without doing the test, it's all down to personal preference eh?

As for me, I bought mine because I still liked the feeling of having a bike, but at the time my leg wouldn't bear the weight of holding a bike up of the size that I wanted

clanky said:
But guaranteed to make you grin the whole way to where you're going and for a good hour after you get there. I have a few friends who ride them (one is a chum of Chris Ireland) and I lurvvvvvvv them :D