Riding 4 Hols

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Riding4Hols, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Arrsers,

I'm hoping to do a series of fundraising horse rides Hols4Heroes. The first of which will be taking place in the Yorkshire Dales.

I have a few questions. I want some Hols4Heroes T-shirts to wear during training and for the ride, do I get these printed my self or can I purchase one from somewhere were a percentage of my purchase will go to the cause? Where can I get a sponsor form? Am I allowed a Hols cash tin?

I am hoping that once this ride has been completed we could go on to do rides all over the country and raise awareness and cash for Hols while we are at it.

I will keep this thread updated with news of when we hope to begin the ride and with what (if any) future plans we may have, I will try and get some pictures of the training so far too. I have acquired a young horse specifically for the task and training him has been fun but really hard work, not to mention sodding dangerous, the little b*stard threw me into a fence on Sunday night so im off riding for a week. I'm hoping he will be ready in a few weeks and we can really get this underway.

So I'm hoping to have a little bit of support from the ladies and gentlemen of Arrse as this is the first time I have done anything like this and I have everything crossed for it to be a success.

Any tips, hints or help would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
  2. PM sent(Private Message)
  3. I've not received a PM. It seems to me the site is running very very slowly so maybe its just taking a while to get through. Perhaps you could tell me on here what you wanted to say, the information might be useful to others.
  4. Contact "Yes its me" or" blue Sophist" they always know the form
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

R4H. I've sent you a PM with contact details.

6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

There are already t shirts and I believe MDN still has them, he is in Spain at present though
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

IN the process of being sorted Dave! :D
  8. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

What a brilliant idea. :)

Please PM me an address and I'll get you the right 'outfit' for the horse as well. ;)
    What breed is it ? And don't forget hands high and horseback length.

Wish I could be there with mine to accompany you. :)
  9. Hello YiM.

Well our Equine mascot is called Bailey, He is 15hh, would probably have him in a 5'4" rug size. He is a Haflinger (hence my avatar) which is a very new breed to me, I have been very much into thoroughbreds and warmbloods for the past 10 years, but as I said above i have acquired him specifically for fundraising purposes so I picked something that isn't as easily damaged as my previous mounts. Im getting used to him anyway, he is by no means elegant but he is a hard as nails and ideal for long distance, I'm just finishing his schooling and we are about to being road work.
  10. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

I guess Bailey and Sunny (see photo below) would make a fantastic team.
    What a pity I can't be there.
    I'll try to find a rug for Bailey like shiny neon yellow with Hols4Heroes on it. :)

And by the way, Haflingers are the best of all. :D

11. He looks alot like Bailey YiM. Neon Yellow would be awesome that will cover the road safety side of things too. I'll get some pictures up when I can, thanks to my new equine friend I'm bed bound for the next couple of days but i'll get some photos when I next go to the yard.
  12. Let me know and I'll sponsor you! Lurve horses and miss riding!!
  13. Not only that BigBird but you have seen my injuries so you know how much blood and pain has already gone into this venture xx
  14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Cracking, Riding4Hols ... thank you very much. Only just found this in the midst of all the chaos!!

email The Bear-Minder-General at sgt.slingsby@gmail.com if you need any Bear assistance.

Hugs from HQ Bears.
  15. Horse Riding - North Yorkshire Year of Adventure

This is a list of all the rides we are hoping to complete in the first 6 months, personal commitments allowing. If any bears have a specific route they would like to travel along then they are more than welcome to come along.

We are sticking to Yorkshire at the minute as its on our doorstep but once I get either a trailer licence or can persuade someone to lend me one of those transit van horse boxes we will hopefully go further a field. Obviously I can't give a definite timeline as I don't yet know how much recovery time Bailey will need between each ride.