Ridiculous old official names for kit

Just wondering if anyone can beat "Straps, parachutists for the use of", and "Rifle, .303", Short, Magazine, Lee-Enfield" for long winded and contorted kit names???

C*ck, Regimental Quartermaster-Sergeant's, Wife, Regimental Quartermaster-Sergeant's, for the use of ?

Not sure of the NATO number for this item though..

Buttons Insignia Brass, 19** 30Ligne, Eyelet Shank, *

* - insert Corps, Regt

** insert year

sandy_boots said:
Where did you get "Straps, parachutists for the use of" from?
'Carrying Straps, personal equipment, parachutist' (CSPEP) were just coming in when I learned to parachute, replacing something with an even snappier designation that I can't remember now.

Vasco said:
sandy_boots said:
'Carrying Straps, personal equipment, parachutist' (CSPEP) were just coming in when I learned to parachute, replacing something with an even snappier designation that I can't remember now.
Complete Schedule,Parachutist Equipment Pack(or so the label on the kit says)

There's a bit of the rarden called:

The ram catch cam release cam catch.

or something like that anyway - it's been a while......

I'm sure a helpful IG can help us out.

Dog Officer's 1 (labrador)

Forks (garden)
Forks (kitchen) next to each other in the inventory

Strap utility - when I returned from a Fd Hosp ex I was pursued by one of the QMs Cpls with all sorts of threats of bills unless I returned the above item, with which I had apparently been issued 2. I had no idea what it was - turned out to be a bungee!

Forceps, bone-holding
Forceps, bone-crushing
Saw, amputation (folding)
All of which were part of Medical Equipment Set, Motor Ambulance & Marine Craft (RAF), Box no 2., which were still in use up to the late 70s.

galgenberg said:
Vasco said:
sandy_boots said:
Complete Schedule,Parachutist Equipment Pack(or so the label on the kit says)
I thought my version was too simple to be true.

And LostBoss has put me in mind of the part on the Bren called the barrel locking nut retainer plunger, which I think is pretty good.

LostBoss said:

Otherwise known as the bit that makes you go OH F*CK,ME FECKING FINGERSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

ugly

LE
galgenberg said:
LostBoss said:

Otherwise known as the bit that makes you go OH F*CK,ME FECKING FINGERSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Ahh rammer rash the mark of an armoured recce man!

Not sure about the designation but what about the driving point in the camouflet set?

It was a starred item :roll:

ViroBono said:
Strap utility - when I returned from a Fd Hosp ex I was pursued by one of the QMs Cpls with all sorts of threats of bills unless I returned the above item, with which I had apparently been issued 2. I had no idea what it was - turned out to be a bungee!
No, VB. The strap utility is a small useless strap about 2 ft long with buckles. Seems like the store cpls didn't know themselves. BTW, i'm not stores by trade just sad and need to get out more.

:)

ugly

LE
army_of_1 said:
ViroBono said:
No, VB. The strap utility is a small useless strap about 2 ft long with buckles. Seems like the store cpls didn't know themselves. BTW, i'm not stores by trade just sad and need to get out more.

:)
Those little green utility straps to hold your kidney pouches onto your bum roll. I always seemed to have 10 and they were never enough. We could get the bungees from the recce pln stores in the 80s as straps load vehicle CVR(W)..

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Macedoine (mixed veg)

Cheese processed

Puding fruit filled (Xmas cake)

Biscuits AB

Most of the compo descriptions were odd - ORP is a bit better - discuss...