Ricky Gervais

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by samain11, Jan 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seems to be getting some bad press for referring to SuBo as a mong, lots of "my daughter is a window licker and I find it offensive to be making jokes about this" sort of outrage.
    My question is, do my fellow arrsers find it acceptable to exploit mongs, spaz's, flids, and biffs for comedy purposes?
  2. Yes

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  3. Ricky Gervais = cunt

there we go thread finished.
    • Like Like x 11
  4. Totally agree.

Back to the OP, anything is fair game in comedy, it's only offensive if it's directed at an individual with malicious intent.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. As it keep raising its head, how about the Mods sort out a Ricky Gervais is a cunt forum, a bit like the "Waltenkommando"? Just so the rest of us know where it resides and can ignore it.
  6. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Here Here re-stilly.
    Cant stand the cunt, he is in serious need of being hurt in a serious manner
    • Like Like x 6
  7. I think hes a witty clever guy and has a good business mind in the entertainment world. My sister is mentally handicapped and I am sure she wouldnt give a fuck, because she has more interesting things to do in her life like building her life toward independence (like I dont give a fuck neither what slebs say)...... I also see my sister happy when she wanders off the window licking bus from her college and to me thats what counts.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. There, fixed it for you.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That's better.
  10. Whatever keeps you happy.
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Same here,he's about as funny as being told you've got cancer....Watched that film he did,Ghost Town,which was utter shoite & while Night at the Museum was funny,his parts in the film did nothing to make it even funnier...
  12. His acting is one dimensional, he is exactly the same in anything. His humour (using the term loosely) is only aimed at creating headlines. I would gladly beat him about the head with a lump of 4 x 2.
    • Like Like x 2

13. I and 100,000's others thought that he was very clever in what he did with 'The Office', but his routine now seems to concerntrate on being a sarcastic, nasty bully, although I do sometimes laugh at part of his act.

I find 'An Idiot abroad' funny, series 2 not so good IMO, but this is mainly to do with Carl P, who seems, would be non offensive and fun to have a beer with and I could imagine him as an 'accidental Hero' if in the Forces.

Can you imagine Gervais's reaction if asked to do what he puts Carl P through?...can imagine all kinds of luvvey stroops occuring.

Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle and many other comedians, say things that are just as outrageous as Gervais but they seem to do it with a smile or even a bit tongue in cheek, so don't come across as so horrible.

I like a pi55 take as much as anyone, but I can imagine that if you and a few mates spent an evening in the boozer with Gervais, by the end of the night someone would want to deck him...maybe even before the last orders tbh.

Maybe it is all an act, but it seems to be based on his actual personaility...or lack of.

Just saying like.
  14. I notice you didn't say "My sister is a window-licker or a mong". Is there a reason for that?