Ricky Gervais - The Fame Tour

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by floppyjocky, Mar 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know he isn't everyones cup of tea and there is no need to get your post count up by telling me you hate him (unless you are in need of gongs).

Went to see Gervais last night in Blackpool and he was nothing short of brilliant, side splittingly funny. Everything you ever thought about Jade bloody goody, the media and todays obsession with chavs getting their 15 minutes of fame is covered plus a lot more.

I'm not sure if the DVD will be toned down a tad when it comes out but don't bother going if you think that political correctness is the "in" term of the day.

I've seen a lot of stand-up in my time and in my view he is up there with Steve Coogan (Live and Lewd) and Eddie Murphy (RAW).

On the downside the support act was abysmally unfunny..so much so that I can't remember the boring cnuts name.

2. I think you got it the wrong way round, the supporting act was comedy at it's best whereas Ricky Gervais .........

3. Each to their own, in fairness I didn't actually sit through all of the support act as I followed a load of others to the bar after about 10 minutes. Then again if we all liked the same thing I'd have a Bros record collection so it's a fair point. :)