Richard Holden: Another false sexual assault claim trial fiasco

In a case like this, is can the female who concocted the entire allegation be now named ? She pretty much destroyed the man's life for 15 months and he has lost tens of thousands of pounds.

In a case like this, is can the female who concocted the entire allegation be now named ? She pretty much destroyed the man's life for 15 months and he has lost tens of thousands of pounds.
If she isn’t named, or charged with making false allegations, it just goes to enforce the idea you can punish people and destroy their lives on a whim using the legal system without worries of repercussions.....I hope the Mr Holden takes civil action at a minimum and breaks her financially.

Richard Holden is a former Special Adviser and former Deputy Head of Press
I'll suspend judgement on the veracity of an account by such a creature until... Hell, I'll never believe the account of such a creature without someone who's not a professional liar and manipulator verifying it.

I haven't read this article as I'm sure it's very similar to a number of other clusters and I'm not going to defend any party regarding this case, but I will say is, Rape is now a political crime.

If this was a theft or "simple" assault, the threshold test could be applied and if there was insufficient evidence, then no further action would be taken.

Then (they) decided that Rape convictions were too low and everyone got criticised. Ergo no one has the courage now to NFA anything and it all ends up in front of the beak, to no ones credit.

Where (they) = the government/single issue pressure groups/the public etc.

Then (they) decided that Rape convictions were too low and everyone got criticised. Ergo no one has the courage now to NFA anything and it all ends up in front of the beak, to no ones credit.

Where (they) = the government/single issue pressure groups/the public etc.
You forgot to mention the BBC. They don't do news anymore, they just take press releases from pressure groups and spin them for them.

I wonder how much of the current situation is the result of the desire of the CPS to see more convictions, the generally held belief amongst the chattering classes that all men are sexual predators and that no woman would lie about this sort of offence for whatever reason.

Could he not prove that there was liability against the police and cps for their incompetence/dishonesty.

He's a Tory. Must be guilty.
(according to the PC media)

THIS is telling:

I had stood as our candidate in Preston in 2015, and a few Associations from the North West knew me as a result. I received calls from a couple of people – come to our seat and stand: we want you as our candidate and you could win.

It doesn't take Sherlock to work this one out, does it?

Could he not prove that there was liability against the police and cps for their incompetence/dishonesty.
He may give it a run; I would in his place. However the pendulum has swung too far and would need a sea-change in national attitude to ensure that both sides have equal protection in law. As that would include the NPCC pledging to support investigating officers who have legitimately discontinued cases where no evidence of an offence can be found, and the nation accepting that sometimes women say they've been raped when they haven't, don't hold your breath.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Him being called Dick Holden probably didn’t help...

the jury spends 10 minutes finding him not guilty.
Well done. Now how about his account of the proceedings that led to that?

Acquainrance rape is an impossible crime to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Sexual assaults of this kind equally difficult. It is possible to assault someone in a room full of people and not be seen. It takes just a few seconds. What was her motive for a false allegations, has she been charged with making a false allegations? A tiny proportion of allegations ever reach the court and even fewer upheld.
Justice comes down to how much money you have. A good barrister will get you off. He can tell his story now and will no doubt be awarded compensation. His life will not be ruined. Hers probably will be. Just afifferent point of view.

What this thread needs is our current forum top legal brain to guide us through this potential minefield
Paging Wightsparker! Paging Wightsparker!