Richard Dannat

Speculation that Sir Richard Dannat may take early retirement, according to todays Daily Mail, Hmm!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
He's not left with much choice - of course, if he doesn't take early retirement, he'll get the full pension, and he might as well put the knife in the gobment while he's there. After all, they put the knife into him enough!

BTW, call me a pedant, but it's General Sir Richard Dannatt.

Sincere applogies about leaving out his rank, Biped, mea culpa.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Off to the Pedant's corner I go, with my pointy hat.

:D As the Father of two members of HM Forces It was with deep regret that I read Sir Richard is considering retirement, with this Government is he jumping or being pushed? Although he is Army he speaks for all troops unlike Jock Strap ( think that's his name) who is nothing but a mouth peice for the Government and I believe his nick name should be Cherry Blossom lips on account of the boot licking he does - (Des Browne likes that !!! and Gordon if he ever manages to get out of his bunker will love it )
If any of you serving sevice persons decides to start a petition to Sir Richard begging him to stay for all your benefit I will willingly sign it as will all my Family.
Stick with it Doughnut !!!!

Trainer

This is not such a blow as we suspect, methinks a very useful career in politics awaits the good Sir, although his decency, honesty and integrity may be a handicap.

Zanu New Liarbour have once more shot themselves in the foot over his disgraceful treatment. He will be back to haunt them.

I really hope not Cad, once drawn into politics, everyone seems to loose most of their common sense and decency. Not through choice but party line. If he leaves, then its more of a coup for liarbour than anyone else.

The voice has to be in place, not speaking from outside.

johnny2cave said:
Spent an hour searching web but can't find one blobmeister - Johnny
I looked for a thread on this subject hoping for some sensible debate and all I found were you idiots pi55ing about with a secret kids game of tit-for-tat. *******.

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
Letter from Sir Richard in todays Daily Telegraph stating he will not be retiring early and will remain in post until his time is up in the latter half of 2009.
So, no, he's not retiring early.

I sincerely hope that Sir Richard uses his remaining tenure to put as many noses out of joint as possible - and preferably breaking a few.

The_Cad said:
This is not such a blow as we suspect, methinks a very useful career in politics awaits the good Sir, although his decency, honesty and integrity may be a handicap.

Zanu New Liarbour have once more shot themselves in the foot over his disgraceful treatment. He will be back to haunt them.
I hope you're right T_C. It's worth quoting from the hack who wrote the Daily Mail piece, Peter Oborne:

"I have been reporting British politics for nearly two decades, and the decision not to promote General Dannatt to chief of the defence staff is, in its way, the most morally repulsive I have ever had the misfortune to report."

Liarbour's treatment of General Sir Richard Dannatt may have also shot whoever is deemed to be a big enough 'broon-noser' to warrant the top job in the foot before he starts.

If whoever is asked to do the job takes up the post, it will be assumed that he has no integrity whatsoever.

I wonder how long it will be before after his 'retirement' that we see advertisements for a small, private Army on Troops to Task ;)

Interesting comments about him possibly going into politics as Im sure a lot of people would support him. He may not be able to take on the politicians whilst he is in uniform, but once he's out of it :)

A

armadillo

I met the Dannat briefly he asked the normal boots fit mail getting through questions then he dropped a bombshell, he asked about the accommodation I was in, how many tours I had done etc........

Good bloke he listened and didnt make excuses. Then yesterday on telly I watched Jock Strap (cool nickname johnny) blather on about something. Jock Strap is nothing but a political mouthpiece of Zanu Liarbour, and then it gets announced he will get some new aircraft............... something funny going on here.

To quote the man himself.

General will serve on

Sir – Your report (July 11) claims that I am "expected to resign earlier than anticipated", but I would like to point out that I have no intention of resigning.

I was appointed as the Chief of the General Staff for three years and, in order to see the Army through these challenging times, I intend to serve my full term.

I will retire at a date to be determined in the second half of 2009.

General Sir Richard Dannatt, Chief of the General Staff, London SW1

Latest Threads