Rice criticises Britian over stance on Iran

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Feb 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/02/10/wiran10.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/02/10/ixworld.html

2. Can't help agreeing with the Yanks on this one.

Question: Why does a country with an abundance of fossil fuels (most of which it exports!) need nuclear power? Answer?

For my money, there is only one answer. They want nuclear weapons. Now, call me racist, but the idea of an anti-western, anti-christian nation possessing nukes is not one I find particularly comforting! Not so sure there is too much we can do about it though. Which is even less comforting!

I'm getting the feeling we really, and I mean REALLY need to start finding either a - alternate sources of fossil fuel (Antartica anyone?) or b - develop non-fossill fuels ASAP. I think that if the US govt made a deadlilne, as they did for landing on the Moon, it can be done. (And yes, I got that from George Clooney).

The longer we rely on those jokers in the Middle East for fuel, the more they can dictate to us. And that is seeming less and less of a good thing! :(

3. I agree with you on the fact that they will most likely use them to bully their neighbours and cajole the yanks but one of the pinkos in my work came up with a reasonable point today.

If we are all to try and stick to the kyoto plan (re emissions and fossil fuels) then surely we all need a proven method of produing energy, hence the nuclear power station. Therefore can we legitimatley stop them from developing nuke power plants?

And yes i did tell him to grow up and that not everybody is honest enough not to make a nuke from the waste :D