Riat 2010

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Legs, Jul 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone going along to Fairford for RIAT 2010 tomorrow (or Sunday)?

Here's hoping the weather picks up and that there is loads of scope for some good flying.

I so much would like to get a shot or two of that most beautiful of aircraft - the Avro Vulcan.
  2. You can always go to Newark, I was there the last week in May at the Motor Caravan club piss up, but got some nice photos of the Vulcan, but if the weather improoves Ill be at RIAT tomorrow
  3. It was at Goodwood last week... not that it helps ;)
  4. I know a couple of guys who will be working it, if it was during the week id have tried to get on it myself, just to check out the PX. Supposedly, theres as much stuff going on building and road wise, underground, as there is on the airfield itself.

The AVRO was sat out at Brize for a few days, did some flying to, id rather see a Joint combat aircraft then that thing though, the Eurofighter puts on a better show, im not sure whats based yank wise there?
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Cpl HORSA is attending on Sunday in the company of "shopgirl" and "the_phantom_bear_dresser" ... according to my information.
  6. Myself and my better half are going on Sunday. She's the aircraft nut. I too am looking forward to seeing the Vulcan again and to seeing a B-52 in flight. She's looking forward to seeing the F-22s.

We'll keep our eyes peeled for Cpl Horsa.
  7. I'm in West Wales today and I promised to meet YiM and co in Brecon on Sunday so I can only make it on Saterday, I'll have to go now as I have to meet MG Maniac in Cardiff at 1500, Christ being retired keeps you on the move
  8. shopgirl

shopgirl LE Good Egg (charities)

There a very strong possibility that the two of us might be seen on Sunday, hurtling about clutching a small bear and a camera :)