RHS of Screen Missing - 3/4 Display Only

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Recce19, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wtf have you done!?...I've gone from full screen, to it only displaying in the middle, with a border either side! :evil:

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Can you post a screenshot of that please. It should be the other way around - fixed width (old) to full variable width (new).

3. Yes i've only 3/4 of a page too

4. Only 3/4 of a page too, right hand side is missing.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

have the 3/4 page on the forum. What I have is an advert box at the top of the right hand column but white space below for the rest of the page.

Also, and I am using my notebook, not PC, is that unless the username is short one can't go to the last page as the blue link is not showing.

Lastly, in larger threads it would be handy to have a "Go to top" button again so that navigating would be easier, rather than physically scrolling up. This is especially so when looking at a specific post then want to move on but the post is half way down the page.

6. I have the 3/4 page on the forum and I have is an empty advert box at the top of the right hand column but white space below for the rest of the page.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Is the massive ad space a condition of commercial acceptance? just curious

8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Thanks for all the comments!

Right hand side is being fixed as we speak

9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I should add that the space on the right will be filled with recent posts, recent reviews, recent images, but for some reason it's not working, even though it is fine on the test site. I'll fix this tonight. About the screen:

800x600 users: page will resize correctly so no scrolling (improvement)
    1024x768: page content will be narrower but higher up the page - ads have moved from top to side (arguable)
    1280x1024 and up: page content width will be greater, plus higher up the page (improvement)

That's the rationale. If you're on 1024x768 you might prefer the old version, but most people are on 1280 these days so it is in the interests of the majority to have the new layout

10. OK and thanks for the explanation....I am actually on 1280, but by 960, would this be a factor?