Rhodesian militaria

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by SVX, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SVX

SVX

Hi all,

First post from a new user, firstly I am *not* a walt, and I do work with the service - though as a civvie.

What I was hoping for, was some advice from the collective wisdom on here as to where I might be able to purchase genuine militaria from the Rhodesian bush war conflict?

My (soon to be) father-in-law served with the BSAP during the late 70's, and he left the service in 1980. He is incredibly proud (rightly so) of his time in the service and displays his uniform, pass out photos etc.

I wish I had more information, but asking him will tip him off for my idea of buying him a nice piece of memorabilia to present as part of wedding present (I am marrying his daughter in Nov).

Any ideas or recommendations what I could get him? I'm not looking for a walt repro hip flask, and he has a "green and white" hanging at home.

Best regards,

SVX
    --

2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You might want to talk to ex-colonial on this site he was with the Colonial Police in Nyasaland, there are quite a few others with Rhoddie connections kicking about.

edited to add:

have you tried the Chaps on this website: We Were Rhodesians Forum - The Front Page

:?

3. SVX

SVX

Thank rampant, will contact ex-colonial by PM if poss, and cheers for not kicking the arrse out of me.

4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer