Rhodes Must Fall Protester: Nasty Little Racist.

Biting the hand that feeds you is SOP for the woke left and fellow travellers.
What he said. In any case, this absurd offence culture is nothing more than a scam; it's crooks on a guilt trip demanding privileges and compo for hurt feelings. Obviously it's a nice little earner, and the 'academic' institution that coughed up recently, is just as absurd.

As I recollect previous reading the clash was around the Fish River, whites from the west and Xhosa tribes from the east.
Yep.
Lots of settlers arrived in 1820 at Port Elizabeth and Port Alfred - many of them Peninsula war veterans and families - and moved inland and east.
The Xhosa, moving down the coast, ran into them in that area (which is known as 'Border', previously Kaffraria) and a whole bunch of fights happened.
Eventually the redcoats gave the Xhosa a shoeing.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
(let's cut out the bullshit of "indentured servitude" shall we?)
Why bullshit ?
Indentured servants had a worse time of it than slaves.
The slave owner had sound financial interest in keeping his slaves healthy, no such incentive for the indentured.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep.
Lots of settlers arrived in 1820 at Port Elizabeth and Port Alfred - many of them Peninsula war veterans and families - and moved inland and east.
The Xhosa, moving down the coast, ran into them in that area (which is known as 'Border', previously Kaffraria) and a whole bunch of fights happened.
Eventually the redcoats gave the Xhosa a shoeing.
Those settlers rode in across the bones of thousands of Africans who had been killing each other for years. There's a brilliant description of it in a book I read and reviewed for arrse recently. Will try to find the link.

Those settlers rode in across the bones of thousands of Africans who had been killing each other for years. There's a brilliant description of it in a book I read and reviewed for arrse recently. Will try to find the link.
Fish River area was my stamping ground.
Later became the Ciskei bantustan.
In fact, if Mr Trump wants a perfect example of a shithole, Ciskei was it!

Quoth

War Hero
More than thousands - estimates for the mfecane range from one to two million!

Yes. Yes it was. It's one of the reasons why the slave trade that we were involved in started turning towards a massive increase in Africans - the number of white people dying in the West Indies within a year of being transported as slaves (let's cut out the bullshit of "indentured servitude" shall we?) of all sorts of interesting tropical diseases was astronomical. It ended up simply being not cost-effective. Black Africans also died in vast numbers, of course, but since they're the only people that matter because **** whitey, them that came before them get ignored or removed from historical accounts. Try finding said accounts on Google, I'll wait.
It turned towards Africans because they were, shall we say, plentiful and easily available. Why wouldn't they be with fellow blacks (obviously pre 'black lives matter') catching them and selling them to the honkies?

Remember that nothing is black and white when you start going back in history. In the same way there are different forms of slavery, but all where the person is 'owned' by a master, there are different sorts of indentured servitude.

One form of indenture was for poor people from UK (and Europe) to get a free trip across the atlantic and a new life in America. Using the 'Headright' system landowners in USA were given 50-100 acres of land for each indentured servant they took in, employed and released after a few years (up to 10). Many of these servants then continued to work the land that they were on, as employees on minimal wage, afterwards. So, win, win for the land owner.

The problem is that Europe had a population shortage.

Another form of indentured servitude was in punishment for naughtiness.

One big problem with indentured servitude was that the 'masters' often kept the indentured folk a little longer than they should have.

John Casor - Wikipedia this was one such example.

Another was the Miners in UK who were not allowed to leave their employment without permission, which was rarely given. Apparently mining in the 1800s was so poo that you had to be born into it and then kept in it for your life. The mine owner would give a bit of money to a young uns family, say about 5 years old, as a pay packet and that was that kid. a miner.

Run away without a letter of permission and the person you were caught working for was liable to a £100 fine if you were caught within a year and a day. That was going on for years.

You're aware as well that Caribbean slaves were generally treated totally different to American ones? American ones were sustainable, as slave owners bought roughly 50/50 splits of gender and the slaves started their own little communities. and made new slaves. cheaper. it also has the benefit that the slaves were adapting to their new environment.

Caribbean slaves didn't have the same sustainable system. Thus they were all newly shipped in from Africa.

And finally the bit that everyone forgets. The Royal Navy who stopped it all. At great risk to themselves and a high fatality rate of the same tropical diseases.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The letter reads: 'Gandhi referred to Africans as 'savages', 'half-heathen Natives', 'uncivilised', 'dirty' and 'like animals'.'

'He saw himself as a 'fellow-colonist', theorising Indians as a superior race, which he called 'indo-aryan' in explicit reference to white supremacist logic.'

The letter states that Ghandi is used as a political figure to justify current human rights abuses under Modi, and argues the Indian government is 'engaging in an effort to erect Ghandi statues globally to create an image of India as an anti-imperialist state.'
Ghandi is not good enough for these snowflake f*ckwits.

Ms Khan made headlines in March for demanding articles by the Manchester university student-run newspaper be vetted by a 'sensitivity reader' and stating the publication should ask people for their permission to be reported on.

She explained that being written about could 'result in psychological distress, and puts people at risk of being harassed, especially women, who are particularly targeted with death and rape threats through social media.'

Ms Khan also called for the student newspaper to implement a 45 per cent quota of journalists and staff to come from black, Asian and minority ethnic background to reflect the student population.

She last year led a vote that banned clapping at the university, saying that the noise could cause issues to those with autism, sensory issues or deafness.

Manchester City Council was not immediately available for comment.
No doubt laughing...

I can only hope Me Khan is not on trajectory for a Richard.

Ms Khan also called for the student newspaper to implement a 45 per cent quota of journalists and staff to come from black, Asian and minority ethnic background to reflect the student population.
Or just drop the quota completely and accept articles on merit rather than race and political affiliation.

Oh, wait... Accepting articles based on merit rather than race would be racist... But yeah... But no... But yeah...

My brain hurts.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A sculpture of a black woman who took part in a Black Lives Matter protest in Bristol has been erected on the plinth where a statue of slave trader Edward Colston used to stand.
Excellent. Hopefully Ms Reid will follow in her predecessors footsteps and plow hundreds of thousands of pounds into the city's Schools, orphanages, churches and architecture.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Excellent. Hopefully Ms Reid will follow in her predecessors footsteps and plow hundreds of thousands of pounds into the city's Schools, orphanages, churches and architecture.
I'm sure she will.

Hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Of your money.
Cheers easy.

They're all laughing at every one of you British taxpayers.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
A sculpture of a black woman who took part in a Black Lives Matter protest in Bristol has been erected on the plinth where a statue of slave trader Edward Colston used to stand.
Don't worry - in time, the historical (in)significance and context of the Marxist Black Lives Matter movement will be realised and some people who are interested in racial harmony and removing the cancer that is identity politics will be along to rip it down. It can then go and stand in the museum on slavery and racism next to Colston's statue, and a display can be put up which explains fully what BLM was about and what it was looking to achieve.

Don't worry - in time, the historical (in)significance and context of the Marxist Black Lives Matter movement will be realised and some people who are interested in racial harmony and removing the cancer that is identity politics will be along to rip it down. It can then go and stand in the museum on slavery and racism next to Colston's statue, and a display can be put up which explains fully what BLM was about and what it was looking to achieve.
Made of resin? I don't think it even needs to be toppled, as I'm sure it's highly inflammable.

Latest Threads