RGR in Brunei

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by TigerStep, Jan 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon Chaps!

Quick Question.

I'm off down Asia way on my travels. I'm out there for 3 months and a visit down to the RGR in Brunei would be a brilliant way to top my travels off.

Does anybody know if this is possible? Do any of you have any contacts that would be able to help me out? I have tried having a look for a number or email but have had no joy as of yet.

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Ah, fantastic. Thank you. I'll drop the address an email.

Just incase I don't get anywhere with that contact, does anyone have a direct contact in the RGR at Brunei?

Thanks again!
  4. If you haven't gone through HQ RGR and possibly had the interview in Winchester then they may be less than accommodating with you pitching up. Don't expect to be invited to stay in camp!
  5. Thanks for your comment, Mr. Optimistic!

No, I haven't been through the RHQ (yet) as I've been told to save my approach for when I have my "golden ticket to Sandhurst".

I was, however, given a CAT 1 at briefing and intend to attend main board shortly after my travels- a visit to the btn would give me a great insight.
  6. I'm looking for some helpful contacts fellas, not digs. Thanks.

7. Not digs, just a dose of reality. You'd do well to chat to RHQ RGR before you email 2 RGR directly as they're ultimately the ones you're going to have to answer to if you want to join the Brigade. Also, depends on when you want to see them as they've got a hot holiday lined up soon.

(Pedant mode on: its Bn for battalion not btn)
  8. Wasn't saying you dug! Just a pre-warning to everyone.

Hopefully some kind being will be able to hook me up with an email/ number to contact.

If not, I'll get on to RHQ.
  9. Major Gay is the Officer recruiting. He should be your first port of call, but be aware he is a busy man. Brush up on the Brigade before you visit (the museum in Winchester is excellent). Seeing as you asked so nicely:

Royal Gurkha Rifles Association
    Regimental Secretary: Major (Retired) P H Gay (Tel: 01980 628088

edited for ******* smilie character thingy in the way of the phone number
  10. Haha thank you! I'll try giving him a call first thing tomorrow.

In the mean time, any direct contacts within the Bn in Brunei would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again people.
  11. Just an update for those of you interested. I've been put on to the right people now so fingers crossed, I'll get something sorted.

And I didn't have to even contact Major Gay. So fortunately, I can save him for when I have my "golden ticket" *touches wood*