Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RGMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slater548

Swinger
How long did it take for anyone to hear from AC Lichfield about a selection date once they received your RGMD's? They received my forms on the 3rd July and still I get the same answer now every week "call back next week and you'll have a selection date". Heard that about 3 times now. Not to be impatient. Just concerned! I do apologise if someone has already done a post about this.
Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

My GP sent mine off on the 11th of July and they called me last Friday telling me that they've put me up for selection and will give me a date this week.

My GP sent mine off on the 11th of July and they called me last Friday telling me that they've put me up for selection and will give me a date this week.
What?! Jesus I wonder what's taken them so long with mine. I've got no medical issues at all so I'm not sure what they're reviewing so much. What role are you applying for?

I'm now thinking it could be due to my past case of asthma but I got the all clear when I applied for the RM so other than that I can't think of anything that could be delaying me. What regiment are you joining?

PWRR

Also just called up and they said I've got selection on the 5th of August.

PWRR

Also just called up and they said I've got selection on the 5th of August.
Christ they're quick with you haha. Ironically the helpline does everything but help. No offense to em but I cant seem to get any idea or information when I ring up and they seen more keen on not actually talking to me. I'll just have to keep bugging them

I got told they were putting me forward for selection between 14/07/14 and 28/07/14, its now 25/07/14 and I still don't have a date. I have rang a couple of times but just told I will have to await their call, I hate waiting.

Have you spoken to your csm? I've never ever spoken to mine and also felt like it was taking forever to get my selection date, however I've now received an email with a date for the end or next month! Hurrah they received my forms on 10th July and they emailed me approx 2 weeks after that, verrry slow process!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Have you spoken to your csm? I've never ever spoken to mine and also felt like it was taking forever to get my selection date, however I've now received an email with a date for the end or next month! Hurrah they received my forms on 10th July and they emailed me approx 2 weeks after that, verrry slow process!

Think youself lucky as 2 weeks appears to be pretty quick compared with some peoples.

Think youself lucky as 2 weeks appears to be pretty quick compared with some peoples.

Yeah deffo know I'm lucky! It's just it's been 3 months now since my initial application and following completion of selection I have to have another interview for my corps and if I don't make the September one then the next one isn't until feb, so keen to make sept if I can!

Yeah deffo know I'm lucky! It's just it's been 3 months now since my initial application and following completion of selection I have to have another interview for my corps and if I don't make the September one then the next one isn't until feb, so keen to make sept if I can!

Sorry to say this but I wouldn't count on the September one as Pre-Employment checks take up to 10 weeks on their own once you have passed Selection etc.

Realistically you should be looking at February now.

Sorry to say this but I wouldn't count on the September one as Pre-Employment checks take up to 10 weeks on their own once you have passed Selection etc.

Realistically you should be looking at February now.

Thanks for the info! Gutting but at least I know what I'm aiming for now!

Don't feel gutted, good things come to those who wait.

Use this time wisely to improve on fitness etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.