Hey guys, would love some help and info.

Back last year (2018) I applied to join as a reserve. So I went through the process and completed my assessment etc. I was then told Litchfield had to wait for my RGMD; I waited and then received a letter saying my application was reject due to a prescribed medication I was taking 4 months earlier (Opromozel) which are heart burn tablets. Anyway, I appealed and got rejected again; so I appealed again and 6 months later, finally, my application was upheld by the CMO.

I then get in touch with my CSgt and he books me in to get attested the following day, however, I receive a message in my army portal saying my application has been rejected due to my prior service check (I was discharged in 2008 for drugs) but that's irrelevant because the army policy had changed and due to my rejections, it screwed me over.

Now the army rules have changed again, I have applied, again. Now my RGMD is up to date from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020, and I know I have to do my selection again, which I don't mind, but do they go off the RGMD that is still in date? I know I have to do all the medical again, so that's not an issue, but I wouldn't want to go thrpugh the RGMD process again because it takes forever and I just want to get in, do my training and crack on in my unit. Plus, my missis was suffering from heartburn a few months ago and she's a stubborn twat and won't go to the doctors, so I went to my doctor and told him I had heartburn so I could get a prescription to give to her bad move I guess, but if my RGMD wasn't in date I'd have to send off for it again and because it was very recently I went to the docs, I know for a fact they'd reject me and then I'd just have to go through the appeal process again, which would eventually get upheld because there's nothing wrong with me! But for all I know the army rules might change again and I'd be permanently rejected again.

I regret taking coke when I was 18 and I recommend for all you guys and gals that want a successful career in the army to stay the feck away from that shit, because it ruined my life at that time. Never would I make that mistake again.

Cheers in advance guys.

If I had any inclination the army was changing its policy on drugs again, I would never have gone to my doctor for my missis lol.

But any help in regards to RGMD etc will be much appreciated guys.

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
Seems a bit harsh they’d knock you back for being on omeprazole, they give you that when they give you ibuprofen so it doesn’t mess your stomach up.

And heartburn, most people I know are on lansoprazole or omeprazole. I was on it for a few months for indigestion and heartburn but came off it and gradually it’s gone away with a better managed diet.

I'd speak to your CSgt or Candidate Support Manager and see if they can give you the actual correct information - you appear to be an unusual applicant and therefore it only makes sense to take the advice of those who actually know your individual circumstances.

Seems a bit harsh they’d knock you back for being on omeprazole, they give you that when they give you ibuprofen so it doesn’t mess your stomach up.

And heartburn, most people I know are on lansoprazole or omeprazole. I was on it for a few months for indigestion and heartburn but came off it and gradually it’s gone away with a better managed diet.
Crazy enit, when they sent me my first rejection I was gob smacked, I didn't think it had any issue within the army before hand and yeah, a good diet is key to cure heart burn or indigestion issues.

Since the army and civils have come together, it seems too hard to get back in.

I'd speak to your CSgt or Candidate Support Manager and see if they can give you the actual correct information - you appear to be an unusual applicant and therefore it only makes sense to take the advice of those who actually know your individual circumstances.
Well I got to be honest, when I spoke to my CSM the other day, he seems very keen on helping lads who are struggling to get in because of little issues on their medical.

I will get in touch with my CSgt though, too. I just want to get back in and crack on, but they're making it so hard lol.

So you were kicked out for failing a CDT & now you want to join the Reserves?
Well of course the Military will look at medical history in you're military & civilian life.
You might require medication due to drug taking in the past, an antacid might be covering up an ulcer or a more serious gastric infection or illness so all of the medication you have taken in the last few years will be looked at.

However when you failed a CDT that was deemed not to be in line with the occupation you were undertaking.
Hence you still might be rejected on those grounds, as the military RCGP still take a dim view of drug taking.
Even if the offence took place within a previous military drug policy.

The chance of failure again is still high, but then you probably realise that.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nice profile picture. You might want to rethink it.

So you were kicked out for failing a CDT & now you want to join the Reserves?
Well of course the Military will look at medical history in you're military & civilian life.
You might require medication due to drug taking in the past, an antacid might be covering up an ulcer or a more serious gastric infection or illness so all of the medication you have taken in the last few years will be looked at.

However when you failed a CDT that was deemed not to be in line with the occupation you were undertaking.
Hence you still might be rejected on those grounds, as the military RCGP still take a dim view of drug taking.
Even if the offence took place within a previous military drug policy.

The chance of failure again is still high, but then you probably realise that.
I appreciate your comment, but my discharge in 2008 has nothing to do with my rejections; it solely comes down to the medical side. Whether I was discharged for drugs or not, has no relevance to my rejections.

I appreciate your comment, but my discharge in 2008 has nothing to do with my rejections; it solely comes down to the medical side. Whether I was discharged for drugs or not, has no relevance to my rejections.
I bet you it does, failing a CDT even over 10 years will be a big issue for the military even now.
You broke military law, got kicked out & now want to rejoin that will be the issue so do not foll yourself on this.

The current medical failure could be seen as a illness from drug taking as some drugs are seen to effect various parts of the gastric system. The RCGP had a paper on the long term effects on drug taking & gastro problems a while back.

Also, how long does my RGMD stay in date mate