RGMD COCAINE AND DEPRESSION

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Matd59, Mar 8, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, where do I start??

I have recently been given my RGMD back from the docs, basically saying I had depression and was dependant on coke. I had gone to the doctor about this confidentially and confidently in March last year.

Reason for this spout was due to the fact I was travelling and ended up being 'banged up abroad' (Indonesia) for 6 long months!
    I know you lot have been through much worse and seen far more than me, but this place blew my head clean off! Anyway, I was given fluexotine and was told to see mental health board which I didn't show up to see, states it on the RGMD and that I have been treatment free for almost a year now, also was only on the tablets for two months, reason being, because I've seen the state on some people around here that are on them.

I want to join the reserves and feel completely depression and definitely drug free!

Is there any point in even sending the RGMD off?

Patiently waiting for the sarcasm..

2. No.

• Like Like x 4
  3. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I'd give it a go because let's be honest about it, the AR will take just about anyone as long as it looks like they've increased their manpower on an excel spreadsheet.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nope, 'cos you'll have so many flags raised against you that you'll look like a battle scene from a Kurosawa film.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I thought it was 2- 4 years for depression.

6. Just have to wait to be conscripted when ww3 kicks off :-D

• Like Like x 1
  7. I suspect that the Banged-Up Abroad tag would be enough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not on my record mate, was a massive setup and the Indonesian government was basically trying to extort money out of me.

9. There is a risk of serotonin syndrome using cocaine and SSRI's.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Good one ha

11. Absolutely no point until you are "clear" of the depression. Iirc 4 years clear of treatment/medication or episodes.

Still, you've given me something to laugh at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jarrod's post was not a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It certainly wasn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Maybe being a Social Worker would be more up your street , Soldiering is out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wasn't in reference to what you said, was referring to the 'kurosawa film' came up wrong time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.