RG8 Medical Form

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by PotentialNurse, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    I'm applying to the army as a qualified nurse and was wondering about the RG8 medical form. In the advice guide I was given it says that you and your GP fills it in.
    Does that mean I get a copy and he's sent one also or is it one which I fill in then I take to him to fill in?

Thanks in advance.

2. You fill out your RG8 but can ask your GP for details about your med history if you're not 100%s sure about medication/ops etc in your past.

You then present the RG8 to the Army doctor when you attend your enlistment medical so he/she can check on your self-declared med history and question further if needs be.

3. You fill out your RG8 but can ask your GP for details about your med history if you're not 100%s sure about medication/ops etc in your past.

You then present the RG8 to the Army doctor when you attend your enlistment medical so he/she can check on your self-declared med history and question further if needs be.

4. Ok cheers for clearing that up for me it wasn't clear from what information i'd been given.

5. Not wanting to outrightly dispute that, but I've JUST got over that stage and it didn't work like that for me.

I was given my RG8, had to fill in the first 7 pages, then made an appointment with my GP who has to go over those 7 pages and tick/cross (agree/disagree) with the info I'd given, or not needed to put down etc

Then he does the last (I think 8 ) pages, which is basically all about immunisations and two larger text boxes for GP to write anything in detail. Also a page with 6 critical things to go over, I think it was Head injuries, back pain, knee pain, mental illness, heart abnormalities and somehting else.

Then he puts it all in the envelope and posts it back to your ACIO/gives it back to you SEALED and you take it in yourself. ACIO then send it to your ADSC and you usually hear back pretty quickly, 6 days for me.

Passed by the way :thumright:

• Like Like x 1