RG Rifles new action

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by andyd, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hya all,
    I was reading in Target Shooter (the online magazine) about the new action made by RG Rifles of Scotland and it looks a sweet piece of kit and in line with Kelblys Actions and will be interesting to see the final action when it comes into production.
    See www.targetshooter.co.uk for the full story.

2. Did you read it in your role as editor? ;)

3. I'd suggest you make the search function work or provide a direct link.

4. If you are the editor, did you read the article on the No5 before publication? Lots of howlers, for example: .303 MkVIIZ loaded with cordite.

5. Yeah - same old re-peddled "well known facts" (wandering zero, flexing action body, unbearable recoil, etc, etc, ad nauseam) passed down by word of mouth from "expert" to "expert"....

(Hmm.... I wonder if his "wandering zero" group had anything to do with his flinching at the recoil....)

The magazine ought to be a bit more careful when publishing articles about historic firearms; a lot of "common knowledge" is in fact repeated myth and erroneous assumption that has in many cases been supplanted by proper research by collectors and historians.

6. I remember the first time I got my hands on a No.5
    "Oh hte recoil's very heavy" I was told. Now bear in mind I was shooting a No.4 all day long at the time.

**Picks Up No.5, Prone position, fire a few rounds**

No difference in perceived recoil from the No.4

I did meet a chap with one who had replaced the original, hardened rubber but pad with a new original one that was still soft. He said that made it a bit more comfortable.

I've even been told by Fultons that the problem with the No.5 was htat the forend wasn't long enough to pressure bed the barrel whears 4(T) (who I'm much more inclined to listen to) has pointed out that the No.5 should be free floated.

Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

7. thinking of buying a tikka65a 7.62 rifle anyone out there know s any info on this weapon