Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Nov 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the site down at the moment,Ive been offline for a while and dont seem to be able to get onto the site at the moment,the bloke who runs it is "away" at the moment,anyone know whats happening?
  2. i think its dead
  3. The site was a good idea from a member of the most infamous (frequently merged/shafted) regt but never got anywhere near this site.
    Maybe the owner is posting letters somewhere sunny?
  4. Yeah it's all broken, and the owner is too busy looking for a new coat or even a dog somewhere sunny. Guess we'll all have to make do here until he gets back. don't know if Cannon Fodder will be able to do much about it while he's on his little holiday.
  5. Just sent him a text,if he replies,as the U.S Marines say "I'll let Y'all know!"
  6. H3

H3 LE

What`s the reply .... if any .... Im 1 of the mods (dpm) pm me if he needs us to get it sorted etc
  7. It looks like the hosting company has suspended his account for some reason, payment maybe? Or it could be some sinister conspiracy, I would have though Cannon Fodder would have set it up as direct debit.

8. Was that the only site for reserve forces (UK)?

I've been thinking about creating one, just wonder if it'd be worth it.
  9. It was pretty much the only site that I found that was dedicated to reserve forces, provided a "knowledge base" of articles and lessons as well as photo albums and fairly active discussion forums for each of the services and various things. It had quite a good following and Ithink it was building in popularity although a lot of the 'users' were just lurking.

It's a shame it's died a hopefully temporary death. The url www.reserveforces.co.uk (and .com) just leads to the hosts webpage asking for the owner to get in touch. Has no one heard from Mat? I don't have his email.. Except for the rfuk one.
  10. msr

msr LE

I think that this forum covers it pretty well. If you have any useful lesson plans etc, let me know and I will speak to the COs to see what can be arranged.

11. Not so sure. I went on RFUK a few time and the posts were quite different, many of its posts were for Juniors and those wanting to join the TA/AuxRAF/RMReserves. One of its best features was the lack of regulars making snide comments about the TA.
    I get the impression that many of the TA posts on here come from Officers or SNCO's, I know of a couple that aren't but they were also on RFUK.

Yes this board is a succes (3rd - in numbers of posts - only to Current Affairs and the NAAFI) but I also think its not everyones cup of tea. You'll ask me next what I'm going to do about it .....

that'd be sorting out routing/networking on my Linux box - so Mrs Polar can get on eBay and I can learn PHP
  12. msr

msr LE

FFS, you really do need to get out more :)

13. such a prompt reply...........

maybe you should too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Just found this site...

15. For those of you who care RFUK is now back online!