RFUK hacked again

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Dec 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Twice this sites been hacked now, what possible pleasure do these idiots get from destroying other peoples work. Maybe the owners(s) should consider not resurrecting
  2. First time around it was a the bunch of clowns known as Wizardz Crew which appear to exploit loopholes left in that style of message board system, the owner probably never got around to securing the system past the defaults - quite a few sites have fallen victim to it. Mehmet the apparently crazy turkish hacker seems to be rather antiwar doesn't he? Probably got in using similar methods or by a hole left by MxH.

Is CF (the owner) away? The site needs a lot of work and while a really good idea and a useful knowledge base there were never really the critical number of users. I believe posters were put up in some TAC's but not much came of it.
  3. I think the owner of the site is in basra at the moment
  4. msr

msr LE

And I think that most of the users are now on arrse.

5. They were on both I think, from the begining
  6. One nerdy person has to sit at his computer and try his very hardest to ruin someone elses page. sad cnut.
  7. Just once i want to see one of these peple get tracked down by IP then have a Troop of Marines burst in naked with (or without) rollmats on their arms and beat the **** out of them and video it
  8. Strategypage was hacked recently as well. they traced their hacker to China.
  9. Hackers are GOOD people - they find exploits and report them to the owner/service/etc so that it can be fixed.

CRACKERS are the idiots who get pleasure out of messing up websites, etc.

Sorry to be technical, but I thought I'd put my 10 pence worth in :D
  10. Heard that shit before, its a bit like someone breaking into your house, and leaving a note saying 'look what I did, arent I clever! You need to get better locks for your windows...'

11. Put it that way yeah... but it's a different circumstance. I'm talking about businesses and e-mail accounts. If your e-mail got cracked then you'd be extremely annoyed... a hacker probably could of prevented it. :(
  12. Hackers, crackers...............There is a difference.

This is just word symantecs and most do not understand the difference, thats the press's fault.

Go use google to understand.
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

RFUK? Who what where when how? Hyperlink...
  14. msr

msr LE

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Don't want to get hacked then be utterly paranoid about security ...... (we now are!)

I'd also recommend:

1. Vanilla Dragonflycms.

2. Restricting access to admin functions by .htaccess/httpd.conf with password/IP limitations.

3. Shell access only by a very limited number of IP addresses

If anyone from RFUK wants more info then get in touch with us.