• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RFUK hacked again

First time around it was a the bunch of clowns known as Wizardz Crew which appear to exploit loopholes left in that style of message board system, the owner probably never got around to securing the system past the defaults - quite a few sites have fallen victim to it. Mehmet the apparently crazy turkish hacker seems to be rather antiwar doesn't he? Probably got in using similar methods or by a hole left by MxH.

Is CF (the owner) away? The site needs a lot of work and while a really good idea and a useful knowledge base there were never really the critical number of users. I believe posters were put up in some TAC's but not much came of it.

Just once i want to see one of these peple get tracked down by IP then have a Troop of Marines burst in naked with (or without) rollmats on their arms and beat the **** out of them and video it

Hackers are GOOD people - they find exploits and report them to the owner/service/etc so that it can be fixed.

CRACKERS are the idiots who get pleasure out of messing up websites, etc.

Sorry to be technical, but I thought I'd put my 10 pence worth in :D

Monaro said:
Hackers are GOOD people - they find exploits and report them to the owner/service/etc so that it can be fixed.
Heard that shit before, its a bit like someone breaking into your house, and leaving a note saying 'look what I did, arent I clever! You need to get better locks for your windows...'

Spanish said:
Monaro said:
Heard that s*** before, its a bit like someone breaking into your house, and leaving a note saying 'look what I did, arent I clever! You need to get better locks for your windows...'

Put it that way yeah... but it's a different circumstance. I'm talking about businesses and e-mail accounts. If your e-mail got cracked then you'd be extremely annoyed... a hacker probably could of prevented it. :(

Hackers, crackers...............There is a difference.

This is just word symantecs and most do not understand the difference, thats the press's fault.

Go use google to understand.

Don't want to get hacked then be utterly paranoid about security ...... (we now are!)

I'd also recommend:

1. Vanilla Dragonflycms.

2. Restricting access to admin functions by .htaccess/httpd.conf with password/IP limitations.

3. Shell access only by a very limited number of IP addresses

If anyone from RFUK wants more info then get in touch with us.

jinxy said:
Hackers, crackers...............There is a difference.

This is just word symantecs and most do not understand the difference, thats the press's fault.

Go use google to understand.
Mistook of symantecs (Norton Systems) for semantics very appropriate?

Unfortunately reserverveforces.com (RFUK) is no more, the last spat of hacking proved to expensive to remedy, so on behalf of the rest of the mods and members I'd like to thank Matt (cannon-fodder) for all the hard work and cash that he put into the site ; we had a good crack , some valuable tips were passed on and hopefully we encouraged a few more people to take the plunge and join up.

As to the to-sser who hacked the site, he's of the turkish persuasion, and appears to make a habit of knocking out forums , lets hope he gets bird flu and dies a slow painful death.

I'm hoping all the former members are already signed up to arrse, and we can use this site to keep ourselves up too speed.

Latest Threads