RFID - Electronic pickpocketing

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by happybonzo, Dec 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A piece of piss on a busy commuter tube......
  2. ..And a gift to those who wish to track ALL our movements,in addition to the methods 'they' already possess...
  3. I assume that you are typing this from your homemade "bunker" with some tinfoil wrapped around your head??
  4. How did you guess?
  5. I can see your every move.....
  6. Or a passport, or an Oyster card or a proximity ID card to get you in to the office.

Either make a matching wallet for your tinfoil hat or buy a wallet with a mesh insert, commonly called a "RFID wallet". You can get one for your passport too.

In the mean time, if a bloke carrying a laptop starts rubbing your arrse with what looks like an iPad inside a pair of tights, deck him then execute standard emergency destruction procedures on his iPad, laptop and genitalia.
  7. I used to work for a company that was heavily involved in using RFID in the retail trade. It was going to change the way that we live our lives and completely replace the barcode.

8 years on and all they are good for is stock control in highstreet retailers. Go in any M&S and hold the swing ticket hanging from the collar up to the light to see it.

RFID has it uses but its so open to its abuse its no good for anything holding personal details.