Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFD's (Calling all Arrse Registered Firearms Dealers)

Anyone in Wales? A pal of mine has just applied for his FAC and is looking to get a No4, 357 underleaver and a 22LR long-barrelled pistol. I think he's after something else too but while he may be doing dry January, I certainly am not and we were in the pub last night when he was telling me about it.

He would no doubt travel for a good deal but any recommendations or suggestions would be welcome. We are in South West Wales - and he's promised me a go on his toys when he gets them.

45x45

LE
Anyone in Wales? A pal of mine has just applied for his FAC and is looking to get a No4, 357 underleaver and a 22LR long-barrelled pistol. I think he's after something else too but while he may be doing dry January, I certainly am not and we were in the pub last night when he was telling me about it.

He would no doubt travel for a good deal but any recommendations or suggestions would be welcome. We are in South West Wales - and he's promised me a go on his toys when he gets them.

How did you get on? I'm an RFD Merthyr Tydfil.

45x45

LE
I’ll beat you in mind but as he is a Critical Care Paramedic Team Leader, I suspect good search is not a priority. I may link you up later on

If I'm honest I don't deal Much. My RFD is mostly for disposal. My mate Ted is the go to man. His shop is near Blackwood. He got me a .22 LR 1911 LBP Just before Christmas we shot over Aberbargoed. I'm happy to help out if I can mate.

I am just outside Bisley Camp. i have s.5 for full auto, CF SLRs, pistols/ revolvers, disguised, SCACs etc.
I can be contacted on
c g c o @ j i m h a l l a m (dot) m e . u k (remove the spaces)

I am just outside Bisley Camp. i have s.5 for full auto, CF SLRs, pistols/ revolvers, disguised, SCACs etc.
I can be contacted on
I am concerned that a lot of people who bought certain calibre s.58(2) revolvers "off ticket" will be hit hard by the Statutory Instrument awaiting rubber stamping by Parliament at present. Revolvers in .320CF, 9.4Dutch, 10.4/10.6 Reichresvolver, 11m M1873 French, .41Colt, .442CF and .44Russian will lose their s.58(2) status a short time after the SI has been passed and revert to requiring certification. As "short firearms" they will immediately become s.5(1)(aba) Prohibited Weapons.
The Government are not paying compensation (just as with SCACs -- "Brococks") as they say that owners can apply for an FAC, have them DA'd or had them in (!)
They MIGHT be allowed as Section 7 "Heritage Pistols" but applying for a NEW F.A.C. will be delayed by the present situations, as will any application for variation. Obviously the FEO will be wanting security hardening -- costly! In the meantime I am pretty sure that the Old Bill will not take them in for STORAGE.
If I can help, I will do so .... I often take in deceased estates, such as the Home Guard cache found in a Surrey Garage -- 6 BA rifles, 4 .455 revolvers, 3 Colt 1911s, an M1 carbine and a M1928 Thompson ;-)

Last edited:
I can be contacted on

Hi Jim.
I may be in touch if my move to Chobham goes ahead.

4(T)

LE
I am concerned that a lot of people who bought certain calibre s.58(2) revolvers "off ticket" will be hit hard by the Statutory Instrument awaiting rubber stamping by Parliament at present. Revolvers in .320CF, 9.4Dutch, 10.4/10.6 Reichresvolver, 11m M1873 French, .41Colt, .442CF and .44Russian will lose their s.58(2) status a short time after the SI has been passed and revert to requiring certification. As "short firearms" they will immediately become s.5(1)(aba) Prohibited Weapons.
The Government are not paying compensation (just as with SCACs -- "Brococks") as they say that owners can apply for an FAC, have them DA'd or had them in (!)
They MIGHT be allowed as Section 7 "Heritage Pistols" but applying for a NEW F.A.C. will be delayed by the present situations, as will any application for variation. Obviously the FEO will be wanting security hardening -- costly! In the meantime I am pretty sure that the Old Bill will not take them in for STORAGE.
If I can help, I will do so .... I often take in deceased estates, such as the Home Guard cache found in a Surrey Garage -- 6 BA rifles, 4 .455 revolvers, 3 Colt 1911s, an M1 carbine and a M1928 Thompson ;-)

Think of all the non-shooters/collectors who bought obsolete calibre firearms as curios, but who will probably know nothing of the pending changes in the law because they are not plugged into the firearms community - thousands of people who will thus be committing serious firearms offences.

All of the pending Home Office proposals (read "will be implemented after token lip service to a consultation process") range from bad to very bad for shooters and collectors.

The draft on reloading has the unintended (or fully intended) consequence of opening up all handloaders to criminal prosecution, namely in that if a person holds reloading components and live ammunition which together exceed their "permitted to hold" allocation, then they will be in illegal possession.

E.g. if you are permitted to hold 200 rounds, but hold, say, 100 rounds, 300 empty cases, 150 heads, powder and 500 primers, you could - under the proposal - be prosecuted for possessing and/or for having criminal intent to load 50+ rounds in excess of your licensed holdings.